• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiteline RARB

Just checking this is the right one before hitting the buy button:

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Whiteli...ra-Zafira.html

Hopefully it is, as it's a good price

Cheers!
    Last edited by Amraam; 20 August 2010, 04:07 PM.

looks like the right one, I got my from courtenay sport they have a sale on just now worth a look

Comment

Thats a fixed one and not adjustable..

Comment

Would I really need the adjustable one? Is the fixed equivalent to medium on the adjustable?

Comment

Depends what your after really mate.

Im sure the adjustable one in the courts sale is just as cheap

Comment

as already stated that is the fixed 1..not as good as the adjustable 1 and courtenay sport are doing them cheaper than that for the addjustable 1

hth paul

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...&productId=396
            ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
              as already stated that is the fixed 1..not as good as the adjustable 1 and courtenay sport are doing them cheaper than that for the addjustable 1

hth paul

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...&productId=396

Wow, very sneaky courtenay!! I wasn't going through the special offers section, but was finding the same item at £173!!

Glad you posted that link mate! Ordered!

Now, fit it myself without taking the springs off and with only an OEM jack, or take it to cartec?? Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Amraam View Post
                Wow, very sneaky courtenay!! I wasn't going through the special offers section, but was finding the same item at £173!!

Now, fit it myself without taking the springs off and with only an OEM jack, or take it to cartec?? Hmmm
                Check this post out, latest Courts offers - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=103831

adjustable RARB - £150.00

Comment

happy to help well i aint got a clue as how to fit them ..but do know some drilling is needed cartec are a VFM place ! up to your self..or ask in the nort east region asking if any 1 is willing to fit it for a few beer tokens
                  ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

its an easy fit, with a guide or 2 on here i think. Adjustable is deffo worth it over fixed, so good job there. Drilling is minimal, but if your doing it yourself, a jack won't suffice. Even with standard springs on, you'll get crushed if the car falls. Axel stands are a necessity! HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Spool View Post
                      its an easy fit, with a guide or 2 on here i think. Adjustable is deffo worth it over fixed, so good job there. Drilling is minimal, but if your doing it yourself, a jack won't suffice. Even with standard springs on, you'll get crushed if the car falls. Axel stands are a necessity! HTH
                      Sorry forgot to say I've got axel stands (never used them though!).

How tough is the metal that has to be drilled to enlarge the 8mm hole to 10mm? Don't think I've got any decent drill bits.

Tempted to have a go myself

Comment

Sorry forgot to say I've got axel stands (never used them though!).

How tough is the metal that has to be drilled to enlarge the 8mm hole to 10mm? Don't think I've got any decent drill bits.

Tempted to have a go myself
                        Fitting instructions - http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/down...270_BHR75Z.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                          Aye, been reading that cheers.

Can't wait to get it!

Comment

not difficult or tough, but you do need to get the back end quite high. just please remember safety! The fact that you are looking up at a car from underneath, which has lots of dirt waiting to fall on you, and your also drilling holes in metal and so have tiny metal shards faling down at you - wear glasses / safety goggles. I wasnt so clever and ended up having to have metal scrapped out of my eye with an vibrating / oscillating needle because my eye was irritated to the extent i couldnt open it for more than a second!! (twice) lol

god im getting old

Comment

Originally posted by Spool View Post
                              not difficult or tough, but you do need to get the back end quite high. just please remember safety! The fact that you are looking up at a car from underneath, which has lots of dirt waiting to fall on you, and your also drilling holes in metal and so have tiny metal shards faling down at you - wear glasses / safety goggles. I wasnt so clever and ended up having to have metal scrapped out of my eye with an vibrating / oscillating needle because my eye was irritated to the extent i couldnt open it for more than a second!! lol

god im getting old
                              My drive way is sloped, so I'll ask the landlord of the pub at the end of my street if I can use the car park
                              Ouch, adice well and truly taken!

Comment

Working...
                              X