This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Standard backboxes.

Ok does anyone else have a backbox that is stainless and non standard looking, yet has the standard tip?

I have had my car from nearly new, and the backbox looks very much like a remus, yet has the tailpiece of a standard box. I have seen another one like this in the same dealership I bought my car from (Nidd Vale Harrogate)

Just seeing if anyone else has one of these?

Remus make the standard system as well pal

Astra

Comment

Hmmm so I wonder why they do 2 different style backboxes as standard?

Comment

Originally posted by -Andy M- View Post
        Hmmm so I wonder why they do 2 different style backboxes as standard?
        They don't, they make 1 standard back box/system

Astra

Comment

OK, well my mate has a 55 plate VXR which has a standard looking box that you see on the other VX models, with the ribbed like finish, and a flatish shaped box, whereas mine is more square on the cross section. Even Ian at MPG said he'd never seen this as standard

Comment

Should be a part number on it if it's a genuine GM exhaust?

Either that or someone has been welding the original tailpipe onto another box?

Astra

Comment

Easy one just get a pic of it
              the truth is out there
              part GSI part VXR
              tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

there are two different types of standard back boxes.

earlier cars upto about 56/07 plate had a fat wide box with ribs in that fitted round the wheel well,then they changed them on the later cars for a diesel type box which is a longer narrow square smooth box.

i've got the early one (56 plate),andygsi has the late one (08 plate)

both have the same standard vxr tailpipe on.
                ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
                version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
                version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
                coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

Originally posted by PERCY'S vxr View Post

earlier cars upto about 56/07 plate had a fat wide box with ribs in that fitted round the wheel well,then they changed them on the later cars for a diesel type box which is a longer narrow square smooth box.

yep and the earlier models with the wider box has a differnet exhaust hanger the closest one to where it pokes out the bumper.
                  it faces a different way so when replacing mine with milly exhaust i warmed it up and turned it 95 deg so it hold the exhaust.
                  Last edited by beefycol; 21 August 2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PERCY'S vxr View Post

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by -Andy M- View Post
                      Thank you!
                      You can always count on Percy knowing !

Im really surprised about that too as ive been under many different aged Astras and never ever noticed a different backbox until I saw yours initially. Its almost a REMUS backbox copy without the coating - looks to be exactly the same shape hence why your exhaust sounds different to others as its smaller for one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X