This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless entry/start

Right i've got my vxr booked in tomorrow to have the keyless entry checked out, basically what happens is the car refuses to pick up the key fob and so either refuses to start/stop the engine or at times lock/unlock in the first place. The bloke i spoke to at the garage said its a fairly common fault, so has anyone on here had it sorted and could they give me a rough idea what the garage is likely to say.

Cheers.

May be a simple issue, the battery requires changing in the key fob.

Comment

Key fob

Does it do it with the spare ?

Comment

Yup, does it with both keys and the battery was changed on one when it went in for the service last month.

Comment

Key fob

In that case its a job for the garage, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
            May be a simple issue, the battery requires changing in the key fob.
            could also be the sim. Mine played up a few times, I use to lock and unlock with the fob then it would be fine and start ok..
            ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Ah that might be it, was sat there the other day for 5 minutes holding the key underneath the sensor and it wouldn't let me turn the engine off

Comment

Working...
              X