This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my luck!!!

Well the bloody gearbox has just exploded right when entered a bloody round about. Didn't realise how heavy these cars are until u got to push one. Just sat waiting for recovery truck but the amount of oil on the round about is unbelievable lol

OMG not good
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

I wish they would recall these gearboxes. Everyones going to have a problem with them sometime or another, these cars arnt even old yet! Hope you get it sorted mate.

Comment

Will it be done under warranty mate ??
        Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
          I wish they would recall these gearboxes. Everyones going to have a problem with them sometime or another, these cars arnt even old yet! Hope you get it sorted mate.
          Bit of a silly statement there - some of the Astra VXR's are 5yrs old and some have done some big mileage without issue so not everyone is going to have a problem, just think how many cdti Astra's are running around out there as well

vxrrob - hope all gets sorted and your back on the road asap pal

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
            Bit of a silly statement there - some of the Astra VXR's are 5yrs old and some have done some big mileage without issue so not everyone is going to have a problem, just think how many cdti Astra's are running around out there as well

vxrrob - hope all gets sorted and your back on the road asap pal
            Have to agree here, the M32 is also used across the Alfa range too. The box is fundamentally reliable but there are always exceptions.

No doubt I will drive mine later and it will explode just to make me eat my words
            | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Its easy to say its a silly coment when you havnt had the problem, i hope you are a lucky one that doesnt get the problem, Not really silly is it when it happens to yourself.

Comment

had mine shatter last year .. was completely gutted .. feeling ur pain !!
                sigpic
                www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
                the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

gutted for you bud

Comment

Its easy to say its a silly coment when you havnt had the problem, i hope you are a lucky one that doesnt get the problem, Not really silly is it when it happens to yourself.
                    I fully understand that - but it still doesn't mean a recall should be done and saying "everyone will have a problem" when that's obviously not the case

Astra

Comment

I agree with you but its seems to be a game of russian roulette when you buy a car with these gearboxes.
                      I no you could say this about anything you buy and its a part of like and luck. It just seems that i read alot of problems about these gearboxes on here and myself being one of them. Its not a cheap part to buy when the 3 year warranty is up.
                      Ill not be modding the next vaux i get and should have the lifetime warranty but im sure they will find a way round it

Comment

It just seems that i read alot of problems about these gearboxes on here and myself being one of them.
                        Which you will do, as that is the nature of the beast.

I've not made a post on here saying my gear box is fine.

People will only post when they have an issue and want advise.

Comment

Originally posted by MattW View Post
                          Which you will do, as that is the nature of the beast.

I've not made a post on here saying my gear box is fine.

People will only post when they have an issue and want advise.
                          Unfortunately that's the dark side of forums and it can skew your opinions to think every man and his dog has the same problem when it's not the case

Astra

Comment

I agree mate but it seems to be a popular one that keeps cropping up. As i say its going to cost people a fortune when their warrantys are up as they aint cheap. The cars will be older and clocking up more milege so there will only be more getting the problem. I think they will make them stronger in the next vxr or change it completely or they will go bust as they will be under a lifetime warranty. Its not like a 90quid wheel bearing when the gearbox goes bang.

Comment

Had my gear linkages go once and they are starting to feel a little ropey again. Maybe its a long term problem with the box thats causing it? Can anyone tell us of any steps to take to prolong the life of the gearbox like a better grade of gearbox oil?

On the plus side, the M32 is used in allsorts of cars so if and when they do blow there should be a lot available from accident damaged cars on the cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X