This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpful info wanted

Hi guys I have a St at the moment and looking at getting a vxr as it was between the 2 before I got the St the St is a lovely car and been reliable and makes a lovely sound but I like the new car feeling so looking at a vxr but the St has been good to me...what's the Astra relablity like and any hints what to look for the vxr will be standard when i get one then I'll do a few little mods nothink serious so not much engine strain so any info be greatful cheers

hi mate i have had 2 since i sold my gsi turbo and have never had a problem with either done about 10,000 in my arden vxr with no probs and since i bought the burg i have had no probs with that either with about 8,000 miles done there will be people who have had some issues but i think the majority will tell you they are very good
    sigpic
    ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

The astra is a very reliable car, but like most cars you do get some with issues but do not let this put you off.

Comment

I've bought mine new and love it.
        Done 6k and had to take it back for relatively minor issue's under warranty.
        Depending on how you drive it can get anything from low 20's to high 30's
        even 40 plus on a calm long run lol mpg [traveling 50 - 60 mph]
        but it is hard to just tickle the throttle lol.
        Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by leonvxr View Post
          Hi guys I have a St at the moment and looking at getting a vxr as it was between the 2 before I got the St the St is a lovely car and been reliable and makes a lovely sound but I like the new car feeling so looking at a vxr but the St has been good to me...what's the Astra relablity like and any hints what to look for the vxr will be standard when i get one then I'll do a few little mods nothink serious so not much engine strain so any info be greatful cheers
          You wont look back fella, especially on the fuel front as them ST's are fuel guslers arent they?

There are a small amount of know issues (warranty work) with the Astras but nothing major, possibly due to its racing pedigree.

These include but not excluding - dip sticks spilting, the oil return pipe leaking, the radiator bottoms failing off after 2yrs and the diaphragm ripping in the recirv' valve esp if you fit an aftermarket exhaust or the REMUS.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
            The astra is a very reliable car, but like most cars you do get some with issues but do not let this put you off.
            hey mate like vr55 vxr said they are reliable with in reason it luck of the draw isnt it. you could buy any secend hand car even a new one and everything goes wrong.

commen faults gear box going and cim module steering controls not working when lights on.
            creaking seats another one too.

Comment

had mine from new, just over 4 years, done over 60k in it an its never missed an heart beat, only rhing ive had a fault with was the boot lad broke, and a aftermarket fuel pump failing..

like all ready said. they are a strong car / engine but like everything you may get the odd fault. but if its well looked after, serviced regular. then you shouldnt have any major problems.
              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Thanks guys great help :-)

Comment

Working...
                X