This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the regal 4pot 330mm brake kit

ok i know i'm prob driving people mad asking loads of questions about brakes

but has anyone got these or know wot they are like

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/vauxhall...info_6918.html

Napa

mate you might find that they are probley just k-sport, ap, zx or who evers, just with regals details on them..
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
      mate you might find that they are probley just k-sport, ap, zx or who evers, just with regals details on them..
      confused.com lol, i've kinda already sorted a alcon setup

wot would u go for

Comment

alcons any time.. you having jays?

Comment

go the alcons dude, I though you had already decided....you almost as bad as corsasilverregalvxrundecisive

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie View Post
            go the alcons dude, I though you had already decided....you almost as bad as corsasilverregalvxrundecisive

there are a couple of people on here that are like that... getting more an more popular,, must be some kind of virus.....

Comment

mine is in shop now having these put on will let u.
              sigpic
              Vxr Corsa Arctic Edition 291 -500 RSS 300+
              just do it

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
                alcons any time.. you having jays?
                They wont be mine, mine went a long time ago now. Only a few days until the blue 8 pot K-sports arrive

Comment

I could be wrong but im sure these are what Dan_VXR has just had fitted yesterday
                  sigpic

Comment

Waste of time.
                    I see dumb people.......
                    .....they're everywhere
                    .....they walk around like everyone else
                    .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

For what my opinion may be worth on this one , these kit are very good , there an AP copied 4 pot caliper and come standard with endless pads (which come highly recommended from the jap scene ) and work very well indeed . Like mike has said his is in at the moment to which I m just doing brackets to fit these to the corsa . Next stop it to do a bracket to fit these to the standard astra disc with the option of being able to use the same bracket and be able to upgrade to the 330mm disc at a later date , whether it be the 1 piece 330 disc or the new light weight 2 piece disc .

There may also be the option to upgrade to an even bigger disc but this will require a complete new bracket , there is also a proper 6 pot caliper in the pipe line .

Hth
                      Last edited by vxr-blacksheep; 21 August 2010, 07:17 PM.
                      Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

c9 rum has a new unused Alcon 330mm setup still for sale, same ones I use
                        sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                        Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

mate your going for an upgrade because as you say you wont to start doing more track days, if its road use only and looks go the cheaper mentioned, want a proven track set up that can also be used for road then you go the alcons..........

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-mattblacksheep View Post
                            For what my opinion may be worth on this one , these kit are very good , there an AP copied 4 pot caliper and come standard with endless pads (which come highly recommended from the jap scene ) and work very well indeed . Like mike has said his is in at the moment to which I m just doing brackets to fit these to the corsa . Next stop it to do a bracket to fit these to the standard astra disc with the option of being able to use the same bracket and be able to upgrade to the 330mm disc at a later date , whether it be the 1 piece 330 disc or the new light weight 2 piece disc .

There may also be the option to upgrade to an even bigger disc but this will require a complete new bracket , there is also a proper 6 pot caliper in the pipe line .

Hth
                            the 330 2 piece is wot i wanna do, gonna see wot discount regal have at the power fest, i hear talk of 20% could be wrong tho,

my main reason for goin for this setup is the price of replacment disc and pads, alcon would be the best setup but there is no way at the mo of me affording £800 for disc's and pads i'm gutted that i've had to say no to the alcons but i gotta think long term

Comment

Originally posted by napa1985 View Post
                              the 330 2 piece is wot i wanna do, gonna see wot discount regal have at the power fest, i hear talk of 20% could be wrong tho,

my main reason for goin for this setup is the price of replacment disc and pads, alcon would be the best setup but there is no way at the mo of me affording £800 for disc's and pads i'm gutted that i've had to say no to the alcons but i gotta think long term
                              Thinking long term, do regal even sell replacement discs for the fake 2 piece discs? If not it's pretty expensive to buy a copied AP brake kit everytime you need discs which are basically no better than standard...
                              I see dumb people.......
                              .....they're everywhere
                              .....they walk around like everyone else
                              .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Working...
                              X