Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car's off the road :(

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • car's off the road :(

    changed my oil and filter 2day and when i was about to put my wheel back thought i'd check my tyre and gud job i did i knew i need 2 front tyres in the nxt few weeks but that has come sooner than i thought, looking at my tyre the thread is started to thread to the inside of the tyre its a gud job i checked as another motor way journey could have gave me a blow out and then bye bye burg so its off the Road till payday to be ion the safe side

  • #2
    if you are down to the cords just in the middle I think you need to check your tyre pressures, sounds like they could be too high.



    my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

    Comment


    • #3
      Good job you spotted that, plus it would have affected your potential dyno run.

      Camskill have good prices on tyres if you can get someone local to fit.
      | Find | Watch | Follow |

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by moeman View Post
        if you are down to the cords just in the middle I think you need to check your tyre pressures, sounds like they could be too high.
        yea m8 thts what i thought as its mainly the inside that is right down to the rim

        Originally posted by worky View Post
        Good job you spotted that, plus it would have affected your potential dyno run.

        Camskill have good prices on tyres if you can get someone local to fit.
        its a gud job i checked as my opinion i think they might hav blew on the dyno
        £170 a tyre on camskill kick in the teeth but better than losing the car now to tell the wife this should be good

        Comment


        • #5
          What tyres chap?
          | Find | Watch | Follow |

          Comment


          • #6
            Get yourself some of these

            http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...m55b0s24p12450
            | Find | Watch | Follow |

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by worky View Post
              u used these b4 like m8 if so they any gud
              ??

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by markcarling View Post
                u used these b4 like m8 if so they any gud
                ??
                Use the search function, and you will find many people are using them

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                  Use the search function, and you will find many people are using them
                  cheers bud

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yep absolutely excellent, superb grip in both the dry and wet. I would honestly say they were better than my continentals.

                    My only gripe is they do produce a little more road noise.
                    | Find | Watch | Follow |

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by worky View Post
                      Yep absolutely excellent, superb grip in both the dry and wet. I would honestly say they were better than my continentals.

                      My only gripe is they do produce a little more road noise.
                      ok bud cheers see if the wife will let me get the cont's wot i got on if not ill probably get these

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Go for Vredesteins mate. Good price and grip is amazing!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X