This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forge Recirc valve fitted

Just fitted the Forge recirc valve....What a total ****** of a job that was, not good for big hands at all. As you can see!!

Anyway the OE one was knackered and torn. I aint had chance to give it a proper blast yet, but first impressions are good, a lot faster accelerating through the gears. So i think [email protected] MPG was spot on with his diagnosis.

Excellent result fella, I sense a lot of expletives were vented fitting that. Tight is not even the word for it.

Now back to the dyno Fair play to Ian.
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
      Excellent result fella, I sense a lot of expletives were vented fitting that. Tight is not even the word for it.

Now back to the dyno Fair play to Ian.

OMG i must have dropped that Allen key a thousand times. I felt like smashing it all up with a lump hammer at one point

Comment

When i got mine i looked at where it went, thought ''not a chance'' and got MPG to do it whilst i had an actuator fitted. The poor lad was less then impressed at having to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
          OMG i must have dropped that Allen key a thousand times. I felt like smashing it all up with a lump hammer at one point
          I honestly opened my bonnet one day looked in laughed and walked away, wasn't in a great mood

When I finally fitted it, space was ridiculous. Vauxhall clearly didn't think about changing the valve with the position of the air con condenser pipes.

Glad it seems to have sorted your motor.
          | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

is a pig of a job took mine off the other day but having done it before on previous cars i already had the allen key cut and use a ratchet with 2 big extensions, allen socket and a universal joint to get at the other 2 bolts lol
            2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
              is a pig of a job took mine off the other day but having done it before on previous cars i already had the allen key cut and use a ratchet with 2 big extensions, allen socket and a universal joint to get at the other 2 bolts lol
              Mate...i am really hoping i never have to do that again, not with my toolbox, its consists of a collection of highly useless items

Comment

lol get yourself a halfords toolkit the one thats £100 at the mo, thats all i have and i replace engines gearboxes anything all the time!

on another note glad you found the problem was your recirc valve, is your car running better now with the forge?
                2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

I'm off out tonight and gonna give it a blast. I was worried about driving it hard with the split valve so i haven't even felt the difference the LSD makes yet lol. But driving home from work today i could feel it pick up through the gears a lot better.

You got a link for the toolbox mate?

Comment

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...1&iozone=PDPz1

thats the one i use on offer at the moment

Comment

Please for ya mate now get back on the rollers mate..
                      ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
                        Please for ya mate now get back on the rollers mate..
                        Cheers mate Been out tonight and the car absolutley flies Im in the group buy for the Forge uprated actuator, so after my hols ill get booked in and get it fitted before the rollers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
                          Cheers mate Been out tonight and the car absolutley flies Im in the group buy for the Forge uprated actuator, so after my hols ill get booked in and get it fitted before the rollers.
                          good man! well done!

Comment

Working...
                          X