This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car splutters when i change gears

hi people when i drive my car, when the turbo kicks inn then it holds back half way thro the turbo then fires away, and when i change gear the exhaust is making a spitting noise as if the air pipes or someting are not on right, any suggestions on wat this could be
    thanks

sounds like its not boosting right ?? like u jus sed check all your hoses
    sigpic
    Progress Thread
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
    WANTED:
    SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

Originally posted by jonathann900 View Post
      hi people when i drive my car, when the turbo kicks inn then it holds back half way thro the turbo then fires away, and when i change gear the exhaust is making a spitting noise as if the air pipes or someting are not on right, any suggestions on wat this could be
      thanks

how many miles it done
      how many miles it done since last service
      when was plugs last changed
      is it modded?

as in other post, check that all pipes are connect propley, even the boost pipes that are down the back of the engine...
      my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

the previous owner lost the service, i know little about the car, the person reckons its running on 300bhp but i dont believe that, i check all the pipes tomorrow, if it is plugs whats the best ones to get as i dont want cheap ones, thanks

Comment

the previous owner lost the service, i know little about the car, the person reckons its running on 300bhp but i dont believe that, i check all the pipes tomorrow, if it is plugs whats the best ones to get as i dont want cheap ones, thanks
          you say running 300? has it got an aftermarket exhaust, larger intercooler and been remaped? is so it should be around 300 bhp..

how many miles has it done mate?

how many mile you done in the car since you bought it?

the plugs that you get from vauxhall are fine mate and are very good.

Comment

Check the map sensor, Mine done a similar thing and the monkeys at vauxhall had covered it in oil and it couldnt read properly.

Check to see there is no dirt or summit on it.

Comment

whers the map sensor too, its done 45k miles it has got a sports exhaust on it, im fed up of putting this car up in the air i only just changed the gearbox on it, and parts aint cheap for these cars thanks

Comment

u can run with standard plugs mate
                sigpic
                Progress Thread
                http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
                WANTED:
                SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

the one on the boost pipe, that goes from the intercooler to the top hat.

Comment

i read a thread the other day that someone put ngk plugs in their vxr and it damaged the valves, so i just want to do it right and have it 100% thanks

Comment

i check it tomorrow, theres no engine managment light on only the ids+ is on thanks

Comment

whers the map sensor too, its done 45k miles it has got a sports exhaust on it, im fed up of putting this car up in the air i only just changed the gearbox on it, and parts aint cheap for these cars thanks
                        you will see the intercooler through the slam pannal holes, or just take a picture of the engine, as we will see if its got a cooler fitted.

have you had it serviced since you have had it an how many mile you done in it?

may be an idea to get it fully serviced as its abit funny that the previous owner lost the service book....... it should be serviced every 20k or yearly... but you'd be better srvicing it every 10k, an i know some people that are running stage 3 change the oil every 5k.

so if its done 45, then it should have had a service not so long ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X