This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has my car been mapped???????

i had my burg put on the rollers and it made 292.4 bhp and 350 torque. since ive had the car all i have done to the engine is

Courts CDTI box and panel filter
    Courts Enlarged top hat
    baileys dump valve
    and always run on tesco 99

i was a bit shocked by the results and was wondering if any1 can tell by looking at my graph if the car has been mapped by the previous owner? it just seems very high for the bits i have changed.

i spoke to people and some seem to think cause it was an ex demo car that the dealer may have mapped it to make it feel quicker.

here is the graph if any1 can shine the light it would be great

cheers justin

am no expert but jus of the figures id say ur running stage 2, very close 2 stage 3
    sigpic
    Progress Thread
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
    WANTED:
    SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

does it feel any different when pressing sport?

Comment

Im no expert either but I think the Burg chucks out around 260 - 270 BHP standard so it most probably has been done mate.

Impressive figures there

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
          not massivly but it is noticable.

Comment

Originally posted by AstraVXR_Red View Post
            am no expert but jus of the figures id say ur running stage 2, very close 2 stage 3
            i just though i would need to cooler to reach 292.

Comment

do the graphs look smooth like it has been mapped any1 got a stage 2 map or 3 that i can gocompare.com

Comment

doesnt need the cooler it wont give much more bhp but will hold the torque for longer with the cooler id say your car has a stage 2 map
                STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                  depends on which maps been flashed into it, can get a eds maps that are full power these days..

an i know with the one im running there isnt much differance between sports on sports off, as it will still boost to full boost even with the sports off, just not as agressive as when sports is on..

my old map which i would rather still have, which with sports off, it would only boost up to 5 psi, even on full WOT.. then sports on it would boost to 22 psi an hold 18..

id ring regal (EDS), tms(BLUEFIN), courtnay sport an see if your chassis number is on one of there mapping data base's..

or get vauxhall to tech2 it, as they can see if its been mapped.
                  my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by vxr maniac View Post
                    doesnt need the cooler it wont give much more bhp but will hold the torque for longer with the cooler id say your car has a stage 2 map
                    Yea what maniac sed m8. A lot of people on ere running stage 2 with 285-290bhp
                    sigpic
                    Progress Thread
                    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
                    WANTED:
                    SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

thats the sort of figure mine puts out with and EDS phase1 map

mine was on the rollers before hand made 262ps standard

so i would say your has been mapped

have you got the previous owners details at all
                      as he's probably the best person to ask
                      Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
                      ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

heres my map on stage 3 you will see the torque holds for longer

STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

Comment

As mentioned above the car has been mapped to stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by mossiemosforth View Post
                            thats the sort of figure mine puts out with and EDS phase1 map

mine was on the rollers before hand made 262ps standard

so i would say your has been mapped

have you got the previous owners details at all
                            as he's probably the best person to ask
                            ye i have got the address from the log book i was thinking of being annoying and paying them a visit but they may think im a nut job

Comment

Originally posted by vxr maniac View Post
                              heres my map on stage 3 you will see the torque holds for longer

so ill need a cooler next then but how will i go about the map after then or will it adjust?

Comment

Working...
                              X