This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -50mm lowering at the front

how many people are useing thees springs cos i have been thinking about lowering my car for a while and love the realy low front end look... just wondering bout the practicality of the springs i.e does the front end scrape when goin over lil speed bumps.. or what about multi story car parks, and getting on nd off dynos ???? any feed back would be much appreciated guys
    piper 3inch, regal 1.9 airbox + tms bluefiin stage 2 sigpic

Originally posted by kershaw-vxr View Post
    how many people are useing thees springs cos i have been thinking about lowering my car for a while and love the realy low front end look... just wondering bout the practicality of the springs i.e does the front end scrape when goin over lil speed bumps.. or what about multi story car parks, and getting on nd off dynos ???? any feed back would be much appreciated guys
    i have daps fitted, they're lowering the car by 20 mil, that clears speed bumps alright yet still makes the car handle loads better and sit loads better. i'd say 50mil would defo scrape on speed bumps.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Yeah, 50mm would scrape on a few speed bumps imo.. I'm also on daps, which are absolutely brilliant... No scrapes yet and they've been on over 6 months... Have to
      Be careful though when parking on pavement/up curbs etc as it can get quite close..

However, I'm not sure how low vxrmattblacksheep has gone on his kw coilovers, or what trouble he may have had/not had.. Looks good though!

John

Comment

but does anyone own a set that can give me a decent review... i do like the daps and i was gunna get a set but then i saw a pic on hear of a red astra lowerd 50mm at the front nd it looked damm sexy

Comment

you sure the pic you seen wasn`t a photoshop .

Comment

I have asked this question a billion times lol and everyone has said it doesn't scrape however on some multi story carparks it can and on some curbs it can which is why I still haven't made my mind up

the peeps I've asked who are running on them have said they are a little more carefull on speedbumps and one who I asked said there is a multistory carpark his scraped on but not on others :S

still can't make my mind up but do find it amusing how too people on daps can tell you the sportlines scrape

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
              Yeah, because I'm sure even the lowest eibach doesn't go 50 does it? Or any spring for that matter. Maybe I'm just wrongly informed lol, but I'd maybe say coilovers at 50mm mate

Comment

Sportlines are 30 rear 50 front

Comment

Originally posted by G-man View Post
                  I have asked this question a billion times lol and everyone has said it doesn't scrape however on some multi story carparks it can and on some curbs it can which is why I still haven't made my mind up

the peeps I've asked who are running on them have said they are a little more carefull on speedbumps and one who I asked said there is a multistory carpark his scraped on but not on others :S

still can't make my mind up but do find it amusing how too people on daps can tell you the sportlines scrape
                  pmsl! the sportlines scrape lol
                  W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                  http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

G-man, do the eibachs go 50 then?

EDIT: you've just answered that for me lol

Comment

There is a Photoshop on red astra that is low and there is also a red astra on sportlines with ids which is sure to make it lower than the spring setup on normal vxr suspension would take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                        no they defo exist hounest

Comment

Been in an astra with sportlines fitted on an estate with speed bumps every 100 yards and never touched a single one mate that's what I'm saying!

What's that oooooo your on daps

Comment

There is a Photoshop on red astra that is low and there is also a red astra on sportlines with ids which is sure to make it lower than the spring setup on normal vxr suspension would take it.
                            the pic with it lowerd on the ids was the one i see looks damm sexy i knew i wasnt tripping lol

Comment

Been in an astra with sportlines fitted on an estate with speed bumps every 100 yards and never touched a single one mate that's what I'm saying!

What's that oooooo your on daps
                              was that the - 50mm... nd i dnt understand how people with daps know if they scrape or not i think that there mite bee a wee bit of favouritism towards theese springs lol

Comment

Working...
                              X