X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovin the VXR

hello there,
    vauxhall have kindly lent me a VXR for a week through my company car scheme as im contemplating buying one. i have been fast car free for around ten months since selling my toy which was a 14.5 1/4 saxo vts, so when the vxr turned up i was like a kid with a new toy. so far i love the astra, seems to be forever wanting to go and im not one to shy away from the loud pedal . what i like so much about it is how it seems like a rabid beast, not calm at all unlike reviews i have read of other power hatches.
    so far i have decimated a tricked up dump valve sporting lotus elan and a 2.0 16v nova, both of which came to me badgering for a race as soon as they clapped eyes on me, i was hoping more along the lines of a rolling start with an evo or scoob sti lol, but it seems not to be.
    anyways, i have a question, what mpg around town is achievable with normal driving? im not gonna find out because i only have her for a week and dont want to waste money pottering.
    also anyone on here from doncaster? have seen two red ones, one always in cusworth where i live.

girlfriend drives mine 80 miles to and from her work,it's a mixture of a and b road's also some town driving we get btw 33 to 35 miles per gallon.the worst i have seen it is 20 mpg but thats when i get to play

Comment

cheers for that, seems reasonable, better than the wifes RAV 4 around town,
      latest car i have just out dragged twice is an orange megane 225, admittedly he had to start behind me from some lights but i made allowance for that by setting off slowly, lets just say he wont fancy his chances against a vxr again was edging away at a good clean rate top end
      the joys of spending a full day near enough driving around. had it 3 days and used over 80 quid in juice

Comment

Well my man I have owned the VXR for 6 months, and am currently running her on the tesco 99 ron. Round town comes in at about 27-28 taking it steady with a bit of sport here and there, but last weekend I did 471 mile of a bit of this and a bit of that and averaged 35
        Wicked for a motor that really cut it with the best of them

Comment

I can quite easily get 25 with a bit of fun. on the m way 28-30 at about 90 and taking it very steady can get to 35.....just

Comment

Im getting 20-22 mpg maybe its my right foot :mrgreen:
            Andy

Comment

I'm lucky if I get over 20!.....I must be doing something wrong.

Comment

I just have to add my two pence worth here!! Will be getting the VXR for the wife in September. I would of expected better returns than 20 around town. I currently have an M3 which returns 20-22 around town with some heavy right foot dual carriageway driving. Seems like we are going to be doing the same MPG!!!

Looks like shes going to be visiting the local petrol station more than she thinks, lol!!!

Comment

I am getting 24-26 around town, still a new toy so giving some beans as well, seems to have a magnet on the back which sticks `every` other hot hatch to your rear bumper, the only way to get rid is a quick blip of the right foot, then they seem to slam on there brakes (or thats what it looks like in the mirror *lol*) ...

On a run to edinburgh and back, I got 35 ... (270 motorway miles and a little fun ....)

Comment

Working...
                  X