This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will i need a radio code

i bought my car with a big hole in the dash (the radio missing), i put a kenwood flip down in a minute, the controls on my steering dont work the computer above the radio either, so im goona get a standard origanal vauxhall cd player to put in it, but will it work as i think they are coded to the brain or have certain models got 4 number codes, i knows that the little computer plugs into back to radio for it to run and i cant even set the time on dash either because of this as the setting button is on the radio ??????
    thanks

You will need the stereo tech2 into the car, and this will require the code.

Comment

wats a stereo tech2, could i get a radio de code buster out to do it, how much does that tech 2 charge thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jonathann900 View Post
        wats a stereo tech2, could i get a radio de code buster out to do it, how much does that tech 2 charge thanks
        Tech 2 is the Vauxhall computer for programming and find faults on their cars.

No you have to get the stereo installed by Tech 2, this is a security feature.

There are a few people on this forum who can do the work, but without the car pass I believe Pecky is your person - http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/

You can always pay Vauxhall approx 25 for a new car pass which contain the codes

Also to complicate the stereo has to be divorced from the previous car, if not you are going to have issues.
        Last edited by vr55vxr; 22 August 2010, 10:34 PM.

Comment

If the radio wasn't reset/ divorced before removal you will also need a new display as this is the security gateway.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by vx220z22se View Post
            If the radio wasn't reset/ divorced before removal you will also need a new display as this is the security gateway.
            I can decode displays and radios, either together or individually.

If you know the code of the display, you can put a delivery state radio in, code it to the same code as the display and then divorce them and hey presto display is divorced.

If you don't know the code then the right eeprom needs to be read and edited to put it into factory reset state.

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors
            www.diagnostics.org.uk

Comment

If you like your music, then you might want to check how the standard radio sounds first? Your Kenwood through the standard speakers probably sounds a lot better than the original radio ...and for the later models they do steering wheel / canbus adapters to get things working properly

Comment

Working...
              X