This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative exhaust???

Well to be blunt and to the point...... this is MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION !!!!!

I am finding the remus not loud enough under full acceleration. Its great around town nice and quiet and loud when needed, but on the open road its nowhere near as loud as I want it to be, in comparison to the Jag XKR 510 and XKR 530's I drive from week to week. Sooo .... my question is ...... is there an exhaust out there that can be both?? Quiet around town and very very loud on the open road ??

And before people start saying Piper this and Piper that !!! ....... I have been in a Piper powered Astra VXR and its far too much of a constant DRONE at low speed ........ it is relatively loud,I'll give it that. But the low speed noise isn't for me. It sounds horrid IMO !!

This is only a general question, obviously if there isn't then I'll just stick with the remus, for now.

Many thanks

James

sigpic
    MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

wortec switchable

Comment

What Piper system did you test, I agree the single silencer does drone. Perhaps the dual silencer setup wouldn't?
      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Yeah it was single silencer. Sounded like a sick car around town Horrible sound at low speed.

and since alot of my driving is around town, I want it to be relatively quiet (which the Remus is) I wast want more on the open road......maybe I am asking too much.

James

Last edited by insanejim69; 22 August 2010, 11:27 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXR56 View Post
          wortec switchable
          I was wandering that, as the Jag systems are switchable too, but only on full thorttle do they open up fully .

Aren't the Wortec's very pricey though?? £1500 or so

James

sigpic

Comment

Your main issue is that you are comparing exhaust noise from cars with V8 510/530 bhp to the Astra 237 bhp.

The astra is not going to produce the same noise, does not matter what exhaust you have,
            Last edited by vr55vxr; 22 August 2010, 11:30 PM.

Comment

I know that mate I work as a Car Driver for Jaguar ....... But the Piper is a hell of alot louder than a Remus. But its drone around town i couldn't stand on a day to day basis. Where the Remus is great around town but just hasn't got the loudness on the open road.

Just after suggestions TBH .

James

sigpic

Comment

mmmm i wudnt know which other one apart from piper lol

Comment

Get your car remaped jim, was you behind me today? alan in the vectra couldn't believe the note from mine
                  I'll have to gee you a spin in mine
                  sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

Yeah after today,yours was WELL LOUD ..... .... made me think. lol. and keep thinking all night till now :P Give me a shout when your in the Deen sometime

James

sigpic

Comment

Yip plain old Remus with a remap
                      Can't say there is much difference in sound between stage 2 & stage 3!

Last edited by rosco.p; 23 August 2010, 01:01 AM.
                      sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

I'm just running a Remus no map .... just think with me driving Jags all day with 280, 300 - 530BHP all day you'll see what i mean lol .... yet it still feels nippy, just not loud at all

James

sigpic

Comment

scorpion but there again i think scorpion is quiet than the piper
                          Arden Racing Edition

Comment

blueflame is your best bet.

ask vxrdave for a vid. i belive he wanted quieter with performance and i think, not sure, pretty loud on full chat

Comment

A JP Exhaust all the way, but it maybe out of your budget
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X