This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thorney tuning

hi guys looking for some advice. got my new car on order and plan to tune as soon as the cars run in.

my problem is warenty. on my current car i had eds mapping and loved it and always herd bad things about thorney maps not making the power and things like that.

with the new car warenty is something im more worried about and if posible would like to keep it, so my questions are

1. what is thorney (stage 3) bluefin maps like?
    2. do i have to have all thorney parts to keep warenty i.e my courts cooler?
    3. do thorney do maps for a hybrid turbo?
    4. are any of the big brake upgrades aproved

many thanks

Warranty is a dodgy one mate, rabbit hole tbh...

What i will say though, is that a lot of people have had maps by tms (including me) and a lot are very happy with it..

I love my tms map, really smooth and boosts really nice..

Everyone has different opinions mate, but i think warranty is a hard one to answer..

John

Comment

Originally posted by I Love VXR View Post
      Warranty is a dodgy one mate, rabbit hole tbh...

What i will say though, is that a lot of people have had maps by tms (including me) and a lot are very happy with it..

I love my tms map, really smooth and boosts really nice..

Everyone has different opinions mate, but i think warranty is a hard one to answer..

John
      is the warenty any good, i got told that vauxhall and thorney end up arguing who is 2 blame and in the end poor old customer gets the bill?

any thoughts

Comment

Thorney and Vauxhall warranty runs side by side, if you have a valid claim then your car gets fixed and either Vauxhall or Thorney foots the bill. Best give Thorney a call to clear up any query`s you have.

Comment

Originally posted by arden_blue_vxr View Post
          hi guys looking for some advice. got my new car on order and plan to tune as soon as the cars run in.

my problem is warenty. on my current car i had eds mapping and loved it and always herd bad things about thorney maps not making the power and things like that.

with the new car warenty is something im more worried about and if posible would like to keep it, so my questions are

1. what is thorney (stage 3) bluefin maps like?
          2. do i have to have all thorney parts to keep warenty i.e my courts cooler? i believe all parts need to be tms purchased parts
          3. do thorney do maps for a hybrid turbo? i dont believe there is any advertised! although this dosnt mean it cant be done
          4. are any of the big brake upgrades aproved AP's are approved by vauxhall

many thanks

hope this helps

sigpic

Comment

keeping your warrenty is a good plan mate
            this lifetime/100k moile warrenty seems too good to pass up
            can you still keep it after being mapped etc by TMS??
            i cant see a reason why not but its always better to ask
            Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
            ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

I'm staying out of this one
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post

now i know why the popcorn smilie got removed

Comment

TMS stage 3 - my opnion

I have been running a TMS Stage 3 A=Astra VXR for nearly 4 years and have had no problems with it.

Love the performance from the Bluefin map

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                    Thorney and Vauxhall warranty runs side by side, if you have a valid claim then your car gets fixed and either Vauxhall or Thorney foots the bill. Best give Thorney a call to clear up any query`s you have.
                    Firstly lets correct the above statement - The TMS warranty does NOT sit side by side with VX warranty. Remember when you tune a car by any means, your VX warranty disppears - end of (Words from Dougie not mine). What TMS are however doing in theory is replacing the VX warranty with their own ie. 3yrs 60,000 miles based on their T&c's. If that means TMS getting parts from VX on your behalf, well thats upto them but you shouldnt have to pay a bean, unless that is you have been naughty

Now back to the OP's question - from what I know if you have other tuner parts or other mods - TMS will either discount them or may even use it as an excuse to not repair your car. For example with TMS, a cdti airbox at stage.1, 2 or 3 WILL invalidate your map warranty - JT's words - not mine !

So if you go down the TMS route IMO, which by the way I feel is worthy of serious consideration, just play by their rules and only buy their kit and you shouldnt go wrong. However, that senerio may not suit all folk
                    Last edited by R15VXR; 23 August 2010, 10:59 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have had standard vx warrenty work done on a car at thorney and they were brilliant.
                      Give them a bell mate.
                      Thorney 01908 238798

Hope that helps
                      Kev

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post

Should I jump in instead?

Comment

If you wish buddy
                          sigpic

Comment

Forgot to mention & confirm, any VX approved performance enchancments like REMUS exhausts or AP suspension/brake parts ( as shown & detailed in the back of the early VXR brochures ) that were in the past supplied and/or fitted by Triple Eight wont invalidate your VX warranty either, HOWEVER I'm not too sure how TMS deal with these ???
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                              Firstly lets correct the above statement - The TMS warranty does NOT sit side by side with VX warranty.
                              Very important point right there!

Comment

Working...
                              X