X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i, and which one do i use?

Hi guys,

how do i tell the garage doing the service on my car (its a mate so trust him without question) to reset the inspection 0 on the dash once service is done if he doesnt have tech2 at the garage?

Also which oil do we use and or reccomened to top it up.

Its a 3rd service so an interim one so i assume just oil and filter anyway and general chekc over?

thanks

Re the inspection light mate

To reset, with the ignition off, hold in the trip reset button, then turn the key to position 2 so that the dash lights come on, and the inspection message will change to 4 flashing dashes (----). release the trip button. Job done.

I'd reckon a good quality oil too or if you know the stuff that's already in it keep using that one. Hth

Comment

ah yeah, remembered being shown that now you mentioned it, thanks pal.

re the oil i cant remember what was put in last time as went mpg for it!

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post

If so but could be wrong Ian uses generic GM 5w30 Oil for Astras - you have a wide choice as specified in your service manual. It even states the grades you should use under every stamp. hth

Have you / access to a Costco card ??
        sigpic

Comment

Glad to help mate

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
            If so but could be wrong Ian uses generic GM 5w30 Oil for Astras - you have a wide choice as specified in your service manual. It even states the grades you should use under every stamp. hth

Have you / access to a Costco card ??
            yeah im a member at costco.

just need a top up really and my service booked is filled away so couldnt check until later you see. If so ill bob past vx today and ask what aoil they use or ring ian.

Is there anything else i need changing or is that it?

aircon was regassed before xmas and is fine, no smells from vents from pollen filters. Just need a once over and prob pads in the coming months and then its decision time as to let her go or not

Comment

yeah im a member at costco.

just need a top up really and my service booked is filled away so couldnt check until later you see. If so ill bob past vx today and ask what aoil they use or ring ian.

Is there anything else i need changing or is that it?

aircon was regassed before xmas and is fine, no smells from vents from pollen filters. Just need a once over and prob pads in the coming months and then its decision time as to let her go or not

Well save yourself some real money and go get some Mobil1 0w40 Oil from your nearest branch.
              sigpic

Comment

Well save yourself some real money and go get some Mobil1 0w40 Oil from your nearest branch.
                how much will i need and how much is it?

thanks rich.

Comment

how much will i need and how much is it?

thanks rich.

IanJ told me recently that Costco are now doing a 5ltr container for £28

I paid £19 +vat (I think) for the 4ltr Mobil1 0w40 on my last little visit

Saving you £ 40~ against VX prices I think you may find.

The car only needs roughly 4.6ltrs iirc ?
                  sigpic

Comment

IanJ told me recently that Costco are now doing a 5ltr container for £28

I paid £19 +vat (I think) for the 4ltr Mobil1 0w40 on my last little visit

Saving you £ 40~ against VX prices I think you may find.

The car only needs roughly 4.6ltrs iirc ?
                    thanks.

ill prob get myself some for him to put in.

Comment

was asked this today by a mate and i wasnt sure, would it be o.k to simplt top the oil up rather than replace all? he says he constantly tops it up anyway in all his cars which i often do anyway.

Comment

That won't stop all the crud building up, changing the oil filter is just as important (if not more so).

Comment

did think so.

also just been to reset the insp 0 light and it doesnt work???? it stays on. what am i doing wrong?

Comment

sorted

forgot to press brake pedal at same time

Comment

If you go to vxl with a trade club card you will get your oil cheap, I would probably recommend 0w 40 fully synth

For example, I went to vxl with trade club, oil filter, O ring, sump plug and 6 litres oil for 39 quid iirc
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X