X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plugs

ok guys...

i have iridiums in at the moment covered 4k but scared me a few of these horror stories with tips falling off...so av ordered standard plugs... will they be ok with my stage 2 car or do they need regapping or anything? wud my car been mapped to iridiums as i got it mapped with new plugs?

thanx

Std plugs are fine in cars with lots more power than yours
    You worry too much

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
      Std plugs are fine in cars with lots more power than yours
      You worry too much
      lol u no me to well.....i just wundard if the map wud have been suited to iridiums tho ian cos there like 0.7 arnt the?

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
        lol u no me to well.....i just wundard if the map wud have been suited to iridiums tho ian cos there like 0.7 arnt the?

depends which ones you fitted ???
        sigpic

Comment

ok guys...

i have iridiums in at the moment covered 4k but scared me a few of these horror stories with tips falling off...so av ordered standard plugs... will they be ok with my stage 2 car or do they need regapping or anything? wud my car been mapped to iridiums as i got it mapped with new plugs?

thanx
          Nah mate your type of plugs wont have out to do with mapping (taking about the vxr not any other type of car)

I had Irid's for 25k no worries, put the OE one in now worries no difference.

Hear of three now dropping tips and my mates evo has just done it to costing approx 3k to fix!

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
            Nah mate your type of plugs wont have out to do with mapping (taking about the vxr not any other type of car)

I had Irid's for 25k no worries, put the OE one in now worries no difference.

Hear of three now dropping tips and my mates evo has just done it to costing approx 3k to fix!
            i put the ones from courtney in
            these ones

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...&productId=107

Comment

As said above, nothing wrong with standard. standard plugs on a stage 3 car here. No issues at all
              sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

If they are vxl plugs they will need regapping im worried about you jase i realy am, remember your dream on hand held.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

i put the ones from courtney in
                  these ones

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...&productId=107

They are the generic ones for VXRs and iirc the gap is correct. Should you of used the ones specifically designed for the Astra (in the past), the gap would of been wrong, but the plug in the correct position within the chamber.

If I was you I would keep them in now as I doubt you will have any issues. However, it does seem that the problems encountered with Iridiums is mostly been blamed on fitment error
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                    If they are vxl plugs they will need regapping im worried about you jase i realy am, remember your dream on hand held.
                    so wud u leave iridiums in dave?

just spoke to mark watts dave and he sed the oe plugs wud need regapping : well confused now

Comment

so wud u leave iridiums in dave?

just spoke to mark watts dave and he sed the oe plugs wud need regapping : well confused now

He is right your oe vauxhall plugs are not the right gap, as i said above and im running same plugs as you.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

He is right your oe vauxhall plugs are not the right gap, as i said above and im running same plugs as you.
                        r u guna leave urs dave????? its all this i hear about iridium plugs tips falling off thats made me worry lol altho av had mine in since 47k and now on 52 nearly so 5k

Comment

OE std plugs need regapping - why ???????????????????

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                            OE std plugs need regapping - why ???????????????????

duno mark sed they need to be regapped to 0.7mm....

mine is fine with the iridiums in at the mo dun 5k may just keep the oe ones for back up...

Comment

Std OE plugs for a VXR Astra are NGK PFR6T-G's

They come preset at what VX specify - 0.8mm

Are we getting confused here ???
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X