X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Scorpion owners...

All,

On start up from cold I have a sound similar to an exhaust leak from the fron of my car.

I have had a look but can't seem to find a leak anywhere.

I have a turbo back Scorpion system and wondering if any fellow scorpion owner gets a similar noise.......as I'm thinking it could be the down pipe flange and manifold leaking until the steel expands with the heat to seal properly??????

Or could it be something else????

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Dan
    12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Try reseating the exhaust to the turbo.
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
      Try reseating the exhaust to the turbo.
      Done mate, and still the same!

Was worried bout the manifold bolts but been informed by Vauxhall that the recall was done on my car last year.

Comment

I assume the sound goes once warm then ?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
          I assume the sound goes once warm then ?
          Yes mate......goes after a couple of miles!

Comment

Could be your manifold bolts

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
              Could be your manifold bolts
              Gave my reg number to Vauxhall who said that they were done on a re call in March 2009 mate.

Comment

Hmmm i have a similar sound with my piper tbh honest. Took me ages and loads of trys to align the downpipe and turbo properly, and tbh dont even know if it still done proper, Pulled good enough number on a rr tho, so cant be causing much of a problem

Comment

Originally posted by Phatashki View Post
                  Hmmm i have a similar sound with my piper tbh honest. Took me ages and loads of trys to align the downpipe and turbo properly, and tbh dont even know if it still done proper, Pulled good enough number on a rr tho, so cant be causing much of a problem
                  Car goes ok.

As previously said, it's ok after a couple of miles!

Could it be EGR valve or something????

Comment

i didnt have a scorpion but a miltek on my old car i had similar sound on startup only lasted couple of mins then would go away, i refitted the downpipe around 5 times before giving up, the turbo was also new with new bolts and torqued up correctly car drove fine and figures were good just lived with it in the end
                    2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Looks like I have nothing to worry about then!

Don't want to put exhaust sealant on that part of the system! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by DanEds View Post
                        Looks like I have nothing to worry about then!

Don't want to put exhaust sealant on that part of the system! Lol
                        Oh uh, I used some as it was getting late and dark and needed the car lol. Opps

Comment

Alright dan, what sort of noise do you mean, as if it's got a bit of a blow type leak? If so mine sometimes does sound like its blowing slightly, but I have had that looked at and apparently there's no prob at all

Comment

Originally posted by I_AM_THE_STIG View Post
                            Alright dan, what sort of noise do you mean, as if it's got a bit of a blow type leak? If so mine sometimes does sound like its blowing slightly, but I have had that looked at and apparently there's no prob at all
                            Yes mate, a blowing noise. Only for a couple of minutes when idling or a couple of miles of driving following start up from cold.

Comment

yup got same on mine mate. TBH i just think its due to the 3" system and is not designed to a perfect flush fit...

Like said once its warm it expands and seals the gaps causing no problems at all..
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X