This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Team Dynamics pro rtace 1.2 offset

Just a question for those who know about such things.
    As regards theseTeam Dynamics wheels 18x8 for Astra vxr would you reccommend offset 35 or offset 40? I know offset 35 means the wheels are slightly more visible (ie further outin arch) but is there any other effects ie handling, etc
    Thanks for the advice
    Arden Blue astra VXR, Stage 3 Courtenay Sport map, Courtenay Full CDTI direct intake, Courtenay intercooler, Piper 3in exhaust, quaife LSD, sachs uprated clutch, uprated 6th gear bearings, KW variant 3 suspension, TD Pro race 1.2 wheels, braided ss brake lines, check control, Insignia WJ, Parrott Bluetooth

Think they're generally ET38 unless you have some made up.
    I see dumb people.......
    .....they're everywhere
    .....they walk around like everyone else
    .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

I've got the standard 19"s on my car mate but also got 17mm hub centric wheel spacers and has made a massive improvement to the handling if that helps

Comment

Am told the pro race 1.2 come in offset ET35 40 and 45 just wondering which is best for the car
        Arden Blue astra VXR, Stage 3 Courtenay Sport map, Courtenay Full CDTI direct intake, Courtenay intercooler, Piper 3in exhaust, quaife LSD, sachs uprated clutch, uprated 6th gear bearings, KW variant 3 suspension, TD Pro race 1.2 wheels, braided ss brake lines, check control, Insignia WJ, Parrott Bluetooth

Comment

i believe the standard 19's are et43
          2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

I'd go 35 for a wider track.
            I see dumb people.......
            .....they're everywhere
            .....they walk around like everyone else
            .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Thanks for that apparently the standard offset for 18in wheels is ET39

Comment

I thought the standard 19s were 35???? because the tryed I got are 235.35.19

Comment

Tyre profile is different from wheel offset.

Comment

Originally posted by Peth View Post
                    Thanks for that apparently the standard offset for 18in wheels is ET39
                    Hi Peth, i bought my Td's from TMS and they are ET40's same as there race car i think so does the job alright on there race car so cant be a bad shout?

You changing over mate?

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                      Hi Peth, i bought my Td's from TMS and they are ET40's same as there race car i think so does the job alright on there race car so cant be a bad shout?

You changing over mate?
                      Thinking of it to save a bit of money on Tyres needing four soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peth View Post
                        Thinking of it to save a bit of money on Tyres needing four soon!!
                        You wont save that much mate, i was a grand in total for the wheels and tyres and it alters the handling of the car so its now leading to me having to lower it and fit a rarb to see if that makes it any better.

I much prefered the handling on the 19s...

Mind you Jase of of here is selling his Td's but think they may need two tyres soonish...

You'll fetch 500-600 for your existing wheels...

Comment

[QUOTE=moosh;1427727]You wont save that much mate, i was a grand in total for the wheels and tyres and it alters the handling of the car so its now leading to me having to lower it and fit a rarb to see if that makes it any better.

I much prefered the handling on the 19s...QUOTE]

What changes have you found. would be interested to hear your comments
                          I read an interesting article in Redline regarding lighter wheels only negative aspect seemed to be wheels spin easier as less inertia to overcome. Their test even found car 0.5sec faster 60 to 100.
                          They sugested loseing 1kg from unsprung weight was equivalemt of shaving 10kg from body of car

Comment

[QUOTE=Peth;1429236]
                            Originally posted by moosh View Post
                            You wont save that much mate, i was a grand in total for the wheels and tyres and it alters the handling of the car so its now leading to me having to lower it and fit a rarb to see if that makes it any better.

I much prefered the handling on the 19s...QUOTE]

What changes have you found. would be interested to hear your comments
                            I read an interesting article in Redline regarding lighter wheels only negative aspect seemed to be wheels spin easier as less inertia to overcome. Their test even found car 0.5sec faster 60 to 100.
                            They sugested loseing 1kg from unsprung weight was equivalemt of shaving 10kg from body of car
                            I see you have a diff and springs mate so it may be a transformation on your, im finding the steering snappy and yes lighter but its not a lighter i enjoy! As for take off ive never been one for fast take offs so i get it going then put the foot down so not had wheels spinning much. I have without a doubt lost some top end as well...

Comment

If u had the choice would u stay with 19s?

Comment

Working...
                              X