This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Figures?

Wats the boost figures for a standard map guys.

Just had a spare hour or so and plumbed in my boost sensor and gauge.

Its overboosting at 1.2 Bar - 17.4 PSI (i assume that when it first shots up and then bounce back)

and then drops down and holds on exactly 1 Bar which is 14.5 PSI.

Is that correct for a standard map?

Also wheres the best place to mount the electric sensor, I mounted it at the back of the engine bay not to far from the top hat. Is it best to have the electronic sensor in the car or in the engine bay. Worried about it getting to hot.

yer thats rite....

16-17 overboost.....hold 13-14psi

Comment

Hmm not bad then, boosting alright then, Well happy with that

Comment

16 psi over boost mate.. 17.4 is good... but if reading by boost gauge tms said to me dont trust them... there not accurate, thats why we dont use them or sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
          16 psi over boost mate.. 17.4 is good... but if reading by boost gauge tms said to me dont trust them... there not accurate, thats why we dont use them or sell them.
          lol what a load of old cosh that is col hay???

Comment

Thats a load of rubbish col, All depends on the gauge you get tho, Some 9.99 gauge might not be as accurate as a £50 one.

Comment

mine over boosts to 19/20 psi and holds 16/17 psi standard map..well least i think it is...had it on a few r,r's and it only ever got 245 bhp max so think it is standard...but it also go's on your gauges...mine aint as good as your mate only got the pro sport stepper gauges best in there brand..but still not as good as DEFI so all in all sounds like your's is boosting good it's when it start's to drop off and then dont stop droping off that when you want to start worrying
              ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

john thorne. Firstly how are you measuring boost? Most boost gauges are notoriously inaccurate, we never use them on the cars unless its a calibrated external one, not really suitable for a road car.

have another email some where.... why would tms say that tho??

Comment

john thorne. Firstly how are you measuring boost? Most boost gauges are notoriously inaccurate, we never use them on the cars unless its a calibrated external one, not really suitable for a road car.

have another email some where.... why would tms say that tho??
                  lol legendary comment

Comment

not got the other email but said they dont use or sell them cuz they inaccrute (if thats how it spelt)

Comment

if some one dosent sell summet they wont reccommend it

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                        mine over boosts to 19/20 psi and holds 16/17 psi standard map..well least i think it is...had it on a few r,r's and it only ever got 245 bhp max so think it is standard...but it also go's on your gauges...mine aint as good as your mate only got the pro sport stepper gauges best in there brand..but still not as good as DEFI so all in all sounds like your's is boosting good it's when it start's to drop off and then dont stop droping off that when you want to start worrying
                        standard map that high boost with that bhp, dont seem right umm

Comment

umm... tuner war coming?? strange. cuz pervious post by me http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...=boost+problem
                          tms fought nothing of it.... but if boost gauges are good then maybe i have a problem???????

Comment

standard map that high boost with that bhp, dont seem right umm
                            ur acturator hasnt been wound has it paul?

Comment

i asked when first bought the car.. said is there any free way of adjusting the boost. ie actuator... umm

Comment

Working...
                              X