X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard recirc valve...

Hi all,

Well last night I got the dreaded turkey noise... Again.

It's happened before where one of the vac pipes has popped off the back of the engine, well sure enough a pipe was off. So I put it back on and tested it... The noise is still there.

I've now checked all the pipes and they are all fine.

I think my standard recirc valve might have died a death.

My question is... Should I buy a forge one or just blank it off? It's worth mentioning that I am running a baileys dv26.

If I blank it off will there be any issues or performance effects?

Cheers

Gaz
    Arden VXR / 17" TD 1.2's Gloss Black/Dreamscience RACE+/Forge Re-Circ Valve/DAP'R Springs/Quaife LSD/RARB/TX Tophat/3" BLUEFLAME/PIPERCROSS CONE Filter/Oil Restrictor Bolt/Courtenay CDTI Conv/Courtenay Engine Mount Insert/Black Rear Diffuser/Black Boot Strip/Black V-Grill/Black Fogs/Black Wing Mirrors/8K HID's/Wind Deflectors/Insignia Jets/Cruise/Auto Wiper and Lights/De-Badged/Anti-Hijack
    sigpic

forge or tx autosport do one as well

i run the txa one very impressed

oh and get rid of the dv26 will feel such a different car

Comment

If you blank it off you will get ecu problems!

Comment

Originally posted by napa1985 View Post
        forge or tx autosport do one as well

i run the txa one very impressed

oh and get rid of the dv26 will feel such a different car
        But do I need a recirc valve if I'm running an aftermarket dv?

What sort of differences will I feel with a new recirc valve and no dv? I like the noise lol!
        Arden VXR / 17" TD 1.2's Gloss Black/Dreamscience RACE+/Forge Re-Circ Valve/DAP'R Springs/Quaife LSD/RARB/TX Tophat/3" BLUEFLAME/PIPERCROSS CONE Filter/Oil Restrictor Bolt/Courtenay CDTI Conv/Courtenay Engine Mount Insert/Black Rear Diffuser/Black Boot Strip/Black V-Grill/Black Fogs/Black Wing Mirrors/8K HID's/Wind Deflectors/Insignia Jets/Cruise/Auto Wiper and Lights/De-Badged/Anti-Hijack
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RMW-VXR View Post
          If you blank it off you will get ecu problems!
          Even though I've got a dv?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz*VXR View Post
            But do I need a recirc valve if I'm running an aftermarket dv?

What sort of differences will I feel with a new recirc valve and no dv? I like the noise lol!
            dont matter if u run one or not u will still get faults codes and problems with boost,

new recirc and no dv the car will be smoother though the gear changes and will feel better getting back on boost when your back on pedal

Comment

Yes even tho you have an after Market dv blanking off the oe recirc valve will give you error codes and engine management light!

Comment

Originally posted by napa1985 View Post
                dont matter if u run one or not u will still get faults codes and problems with boost,

new recirc and no dv the car will be smoother though the gear changes and will feel better getting back on boost when your back on pedal
                Ok man, thanks for your help.

I suppose it just comes down to me being a closet chav lol, I like the dv noise.

Can you hear anything from your txa recirc valve? Also, where can I find one... Had a look on their site and can't see any.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RMW-VXR View Post
                  Yes even tho you have an after Market dv blanking off the oe recirc valve will give you error codes and engine management light!
                  Thanks for your help
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys,
                    Iv started getting that noise as well when I accelerate then lift of to change gear, it only happens under load and when I lift of the accelerator, what the hell is it, Iv been told by vauxhall its standard and normal on the Astra VXR and I even took the technician up the road so he could hear it. Is he right or have I a problem that will eventually cause damage to my Turbo/engine ????

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz*VXR View Post
                      Ok man, thanks for your help.

I suppose it just comes down to me being a closet chav lol, I like the dv noise.

Can you hear anything from your txa recirc valve? Also, where can I find one... Had a look on their site and can't see any.

call them it was something new they were trying and i think it joe sorted me out with one, just say napa1985 to them lmao

you can hear it but i do have a cdti airbox fitted to mine

Comment

Originally posted by olleyj72 View Post
                        Hi Guys,
                        Iv started getting that noise as well when I accelerate then lift of to change gear, it only happens under load and when I lift of the accelerator, what the hell is it, Iv been told by vauxhall its standard and normal on the Astra VXR and I even took the technician up the road so he could hear it. Is he right or have I a problem that will eventually cause damage to my Turbo/engine ????
                        dont know about damage it prob could tho, sound like ur recuir value has gone as well

forge or txa

txa is £70 tho

Comment

i got a forge recirc valve mate and its great boosts 2 psi more looks kl and got rid of my anoying noise lol

Comment

Originally posted by butmunch700 View Post
                            i got a forge recirc valve mate and its great boosts 2 psi more looks kl and got rid of my anoying noise lol
                            I didnt realise they gave any performance gain over the standard one, i just thought it was stronger lol.

Easy to fit?
                            sigpic

Comment

Not really easy to fit no. Also not hard. More of a complete ball ache. Lol. You need to cut down an allen key for one of the bolts, and even then you can only turn in tiny increments. It takes a while lets put it that way. TYheres a HOW TO, in the HOW TO section (funnily enough). If you drill some holes in your airbox where not alot of heat soaked air can get in and put a K&N or foam type panel filter in you can hear it with every gear change, specially at low speeds.

Comment

Working...
                              X