This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie and tuning question

Hi Im new to this and have a black Astra VXr, iv had the windows tinted and eibach springs fitted, New irridium plugs and a thorney motor sport panel filter all fitted on last service. What I want to know is Im interested in getting Thorneys to do the upgrade 3 on my car giving 310 bhp does anyone have any advice for me as I dont want to spend £2500 if its not worth doing, the car is rapid now so what difference could it make.
    Should I change the air filter box completely and the top hat plenum before I think about the upgrade?????

stage 3 is great mate did all mine myself saved a friken bundle. all you need for the stage 3 is an intercooler and a bluefin really so 1000 in total if you fit it yourself, its quite easy to do. air filter box dosnt do a massive amount really mate ive got mine done and has made a small change but its more for looks hehe. hope that answers your question. if your anywhere near hampshire mate i could help you fit it all free of change

Comment

don't forget a full exhaust system too
      sigpic
      Stage 3 291 bhp 331 ft-lbs

Comment

Welcome to Vxro enjoy the modding
        ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

yeah forgot the exhaust lol

Comment

hello and welcome to the funhouse

Comment

you can speak to most of the tuners at silverstone this weekend and make up ur own mind m8

Comment

Originally posted by olleyj72 View Post
                Hi Im new to this and have a black Astra VXr, iv had the windows tinted and eibach springs fitted, New irridium plugs and a thorney motor sport panel filter all fitted on last service. What I want to know is Im interested in getting Thorneys to do the upgrade 3 on my car giving 310 bhp does anyone have any advice for me as I dont want to spend £2500 if its not worth doing, the car is rapid now so what difference could it make.
                Should I change the air filter box completely and the top hat plenum before I think about the upgrade?????
                As Mark has rightly suggested take your time and take FULL advantage of seeing all the main tuners at the VXR Power Festival @ Silverstone - do your homework and go from there. Dont rush into anything, speak to tuners and to as many owners who have their cars on the various stands - ask for their opinions, likes and dislikes of what they have had done and what they would do if they could do it all again etc etc.

One small note with regards Thorney (TMS ), if you do go down this route DO NOT fit a cdti airbox as you will lose your car's map warranty with them by doing so as TMS only allow that mod on their stage.4 cars - hth
                sigpic

Comment

By the way there are IMO three main ways of tuning these cars;

1. Stick to the traditional way of various stages using both software & hardware, utilising the main VXR tuners

2. Use "flow and efficiency" techniques - mainly hightlighed and developed on here bythe likes of Percy's VXR and Blacksheep

3. Use mix and match these two methods

There are plus and minus to each of these, but if you dont spend your time researching the best way for you and your car, you may not get what you really want and could cost you a fair wack to achieve it too !
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome To Online
                    another mod for stage 3 is to fit a Limited Slip diff, its a must imo
                    sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

if you want to ask me any thing come and see me on the courts stand and then you can speak to other owners on the other stands like R15VXR on mpg stand and then you can make ur own mind up like richard said do ur home work and find out which tuner suits you best. but speak to the people on there stands before you talk to the tuners and ask questions as there cars been tuned by them . hope this help you !

Comment

Upgrades

Thanks guys for all your great advice I been on the net and can do for £1500 what TMS can do for £2500 i will study other tuners before taking the plunge. Is it true though that 310 bhp will give you almost 5 to 60 and 163 top end ?????

Comment

its about 4.8 to 60 mate and over 163 top end im running about 310 and ive had it faster than 163 lol improves your mpg aswell when your not doing 0-60 that is hehe

Comment

Working...
                          X