This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion exhaust,which one?

Is it worth buying a cat back system,or would i be better saving a bit more cash for a turbo back to get a full 3".Does the cat back system sound good?.

Cheers
    Darren

Originally posted by daz74 View Post
    Is it worth buying a cat back system,or would i be better saving a bit more cash for a turbo back to get a full 3".Does the cat back system sound good?.

Cheers

Surly the cat back system is cheaper as it's only from the cat and the turbo back is from the turbo

Comment

Save up more and get the full turbo back system.

Comment

The catback should sound more or less the same as a turbo back but you wont gain as much bhp due to leaving the standard cat on. Its mainly the backbox what gives you the noise.

Comment

do the replacement cats pass mot's?? or do you have to hope they dont spot them or put the original one on for the test.
          just a thought.

Comment

No it pass fine mate no need to change

Comment

save those pennys and get full system, i wish i did, now i'm just waiting to release the rest of those trapped horses under the bonnet
              sigpic
              Stage 3 291 bhp 331 ft-lbs

Comment

Originally posted by I_AM_THE_STIG View Post
                No it pass fine mate no need to change

if you are refering to "sports cat" - NOT necessarily.

With regards the OP's original question:- Cat back exhausts simply as their name suggests, back upto the cat and in your case the VX supplied main cat and I assume you will still have the VX fitted pre-cat. These really make no difference to performance, they are merely a half way house before going for the FULL system ie. turbo back exhaust which is the remaining pieces. Please note though, you would have to get the corresponding pieces from the same manufacturer to ensure they fit! The only real effect 'cat backs' have or could have is it may look more pleasing to the eye and make a wee bit more noise - hth

Full turbo back exhaust with a decent sports cat all the way IMO - you wont look back but they aint cheap
                Last edited by R15VXR; 24 August 2010, 08:08 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys,may just keep my cash for now and wait for a full system and try not spend money on anything else...
                  Darren

Comment

i just want my warranty to run out then its spend spend spend .lol.

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                      if you are refering to "sports cat" - NOT necessarily.

With regards the OP's original question:- Cat back exhausts simply as their name suggests, back upto the cat and in your case the VX supplied main cat and I assume you will still have the VX fitted pre-cat. These really make no difference to performance, they are merely a half way house before going for the FULL system ie. turbo back exhaust which is the remaining pieces. Please note though, you would have to get the corresponding pieces from the same manufacturer to ensure they fit! The only real effect 'cat backs' have or could have is it may look more pleasing to the eye and make a wee bit more noise - hth

Full turbo back exhaust with a decent sports cat all the way IMO - you wont look back but they aint cheap
                      No I'm talking about the full turbo back regards to mot, it will go through fine,

Comment

Working...
                      X