This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is mine noisey

I think imay just be being paranoid but . . . .

When my bonnet is up and the car is running it sounds noisey not a good exhaust noisey either like a engine noisey . It sounds like the tappets is it , like whenyou have to thin oil and such like like a really quick tap tap tap tap

Im sure this is normall and i have to stress this is not that noisey lol it's just bugging me are they all like it ??

Any help appreciated many thanks

under piston oil jets i think
    sigpic
    Stage 3 291 bhp 331 ft-lbs

Comment

So its normall

Anyone else just to reasure me ?

Comment

These are very tappy engines always have been

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
          I think imay just be being paranoid but . . . .

When my bonnet is up and the car is running it sounds noisey not a good exhaust noisey either like a engine noisey . It sounds like the tappets is it , like whenyou have to thin oil and such like like a really quick tap tap tap tap

Im sure this is normall and i have to stress this is not that noisey lol it's just bugging me are they all like it ??

Any help appreciated many thanks

Do you get this after you have ragged your car silly or just after you start it cold ??
          sigpic

Comment

yep normal mine does it thought it was the tappets aswell but was told it was the under piston jets
            sigpic
            Stage 3 291 bhp 331 ft-lbs

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
              Do you get this after you have ragged your car silly or just after you start it cold ??
              Both mate i i do give it the beans then i get a ticking sound loudish which i belive is the cat ??

Comment

The injectors tick a bit aswell.
                she's a nice un

19s,cruise control,s2000 aerial,carbon dipped crossover and tophat,s/s cap covers,adjustable rarb,courtenay silicone hoses,forge header tank,Powerflow zorst,3 gauge pillar pod,Smd conversion.

Comment

Yep think it's normal
                  ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Originally posted by j12 mkw View Post
                    The injectors tick a bit aswell.

+1
                    Last edited by rosco.p; 24 August 2010, 09:12 PM.
                    sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

Its deffo like a tappet noise

is the cracking / ticking normall from the cat to after a hammering .

Comment

yes thats normal!

as already said injectors are quite noisy too!

Comment

tbh it depends how loud they are, they are a ''little tappy'' but not very loud tbh, mine isnt very loud..

take a vid and post it up and that way we can give a clearer answer..coz tbh you dont know how well the previous owner looked after it to you..

Comment

sounds normal to me matey

Comment

yeh car only done 13k one owner will post a video later if i can find out how

Comment

Working...
                              X