This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V power and T99?

Right first off, this isn't a place for an argument nor am I trying to start one !!! Only stating FACTS here !!!

Well.....got that off my chest .........

Last week Shell V Power waas 118.9p a litre, so upon my car showing 30 miles range fuel light on(not often and not bad these days as all cars have plastic fuel tanks) I filled up and it totalled £62.58p ...........after work and what went on with my suicide bird attack (see other thread) I had a trip over to Tesco to buy some of there £10 for 24 tins of Stella 4% ......... range read 32 miles when arriving at the tesco pumps fuel light on again, so I filled up with the Momentum 99 for a change, also 118.9p a litre. As I have filled with v power over last 11 months. Now here's the fun bit ........................... Can anyone tell my why my car only took £52.02, the nozzle first clicked at £50, then I slowly click to brim it. Fuel needle has sweeped round fully and past the full mark to say its brimmed as usual and the range now says 438miles (10 more than usual, prob due to my branny driving lately). So It IS full. Why the £10 difference????

I must also note, most time I have filled up at Sheel, my car has been around the 1/4 tank mark and has taken anything from £42 - £50 .

I am not after an argument, just interested to see why so much difference, if range is the same (okay that can differ at time give or take a few quid, but not £10) Also so far i am quite impressed with the T99 fuel, have done 15 miles town diving tonight and BC showing 37.5MPG

I plan to just drive like i normally do all week, then perhaps report back end of the week with my average MPG, all town driving, all uphill to work and downhill home.

I must say I have been very impressed with V Power over the last 11 months, so I am certainly not biased as I certainly don't work for a fuel company. Plus the beggers make far too much cash anyways. . Just wanting to state my strange point !!!

James

Last edited by insanejim69; 25 August 2010, 12:36 AM.
    sigpic
    MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Vpowers 125,9 round mym way mate where you live lol.Theres a teso garage openi g in the next couple of days near me so ill try that,.

Comment

Sorry mis type, its 118.9p per litre !!!

James

sigpic
      MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Pump must need recalibrating !

naturally in your favour, so dont complain - lol
        sigpic

Comment

The Tesco near me is 117.9p for 99. Tesco FTW

Comment

instead of looking at the range mate, try the Gallon one and see how much gallons the car has used since your last fill up, if your like me and reset it!!!!!

This could be an intresting thread! lol

Comment

what £1.18 a liter down in hampshire its £1.26 for both what a massive jip lol insane jim im guna move in with you hehe my rent will be the money i save on fuel so loads hehe. where abouts are you mate out of curisosity??? intresting that there is a 8p a liter gap

Comment

Interesting thread, £1,22 up here for shell and thats all i ever used, getting like 34mpg during the week and thats mixed driving but i am mapped so that makes a little difference.

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

tesco 117.9 down my way for 99 momentum or what ever they call it :P

Comment

The astra's guage isn't very accurate around the last quater.imo

Comment

Interesting Dicko, £1.17 for v power and just a few miles down the road.
                      Arden Astra VXR
                      Black e92 320d
                      Silver e92 335d
                      Blue e92 m3 dct competition pack
                      Mineral white m235i manual

Comment

Originally posted by DISASTRA View Post
                        Its fine as long as you dont have the car on a slope

I have mine constantly in the RED and beyond

My money is on the pump been wrong and its served more fuel than it knows about hence why it clicked off earlier. With regards prices Tescos is very cheap at the moment as it was 125p/lt not so long back, compared with round here now 117p for T99 and 121p for V-Power

OP - The range value is just merely based on your current values, nothing to do with what grade of fuel goes in the tank, that will change as you start to drive. You are ill advised to use that as gospil as its just the results of other values as a snap shot in time senerio
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DISASTRA View Post
                          i second that

Comment

Well down here its £125.9 for v-power but a couple of months ago it was £130.9!! But isnt the fuel set to go back up at the weekend?? We always use Shell as its only down the road from us but now you cant put in £20 it goes to £20.01 the dam cheek all the time

Comment

how can anyone manage to get 37.5MPG when ive had my astra vxr 3 weeks now and its never left 25.something MPG whether its on motorway or country lanes????

Comment

Working...
                              X