X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra Problems

alright chaps,

looking at getting an astra once the corsa is sold and was wondering if theres any known problems with them?

The corsas a great car and feel sad parting with it but want a burg and want the tuning power of the astra

Originally posted by IanS21 View Post
    alright chaps,

looking at getting an astra once the corsa is sold and was wondering if theres any known problems with them?

The corsas a great car and feel sad parting with it but want a burg and want the tuning power of the astra
    Only problem i am aware of is that sometimes i can be a burden on the owners owning such as brilliant car (gets stressfull ) lol

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
      Only problem i am aware of is that sometimes i can be a burden on the owners owning such as brilliant car (gets stressfull ) lol

It's true. Really awesome cars. Insurance is the biggest problem, it's expensive and some insurance companies won't touch you

Comment

Originally posted by Stanners View Post
        It's true. Really awesome cars. Insurance is the biggest problem, it's expensive and some insurance companies won't touch you
        Admiral quoted me £1100, £100 more than my corsa.

I didnt think it was that bad for a 22 year old

is that decent?

Comment

Admiral quoted me £1100, £100 more than my corsa.

I didnt think it was that bad for a 22 year old

is that decent?
          Not too bad, I'm looking around 850 and I'm 25, 4 years no claims and cat c postcode.

Comment

i pay 900 am 23 and gf 21 so very good i think....

also i av owned mine nearly a year and had no problems at all...just warm up and cool down

Comment

Lol Jase, 1 year and you've stacked up 5000 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanners View Post
                Lol Jase, 1 year and you've stacked up 5000 posts.
                i no mate alot of info gathered and helpin ppl

Comment

Yeah insurance isn't too bad, I am £560, 2 years NCB, and every single mod accounted for.

Have to agree with Jase, I warm up slightly and def cool down the Turbo after every run, no matter what !!!!

James

sigpic
                  MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Sadly i cant afford a new one and im now wary of buyin 2nd hand.

Comment

What makes you wary of the 2nd hand ones? I admit I had mine from new but plenty of folk on here have had theirs from 2nd hand. Infact I think Jase has.

Comment

You just dnt know hw well its been treated. They mite not have heated them up etc. Ano its just your luck tho

Comment

Originally posted by insanejim69 View Post
                          Yeah insurance isn't too bad, I am £560, 2 years NCB, and every single mod accounted for.

Have to agree with Jase, I warm up slightly and def cool down the Turbo after every run, no matter what !!!!

James

what age are you tho

Comment

You just dnt know hw well its been treated. They mite not have heated them up etc. Ano its just your luck tho
                            Well, a good little tip is if they have a vxronline sticker in the window take a look on here to find the previous owner and read some of their posts. Usually you can find the history and see how it was treated. A mate did that and has a really good running Astra VXR.

Comment

just done a quote as i'm 22 4yrs ncb cheapest i got was £966 or £1200ish with protected ncb
                              435bhp 410ftlb astra J VXR
                              RSS induction, RSS Fully Forged, 3" turbo back, Forge FMIC, EFR6758, Nortech Mani, Proalloy water rad, 2way KW Clubsports, Forge brace, 1/2 Roll cage, Recaro Pole Posistion, Forge braied lines, AP Racing 362mm & Pagid RS29, lightend fly & uprated clutch

Comment

Working...
                              X