Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Questions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2 Questions

    I have the Miltek race exhaust with a black tip but the paint is wearing off and its becoming silver, can you buy a special paint for this? And what is the best stuff to paint the brake calipers? Cheers

  • #2
    Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
    I have the Miltek race exhaust with a black tip but the paint is wearing off and its becoming silver, can you buy a special paint for this? And what is the best stuff to paint the brake calipers? Cheers
    hammerite mate for calipers

    Comment


    • #3
      Goto Halfords,

      for exhaust get some heat resistant paint, and for the brakes they do paint for them - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...0151&langId=-1

      Comment


      • #4
        Can you get gloss heat resistant paint? Or will it look silly with a gloss black diffuser

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
          Can you get gloss heat resistant paint? Or will it look silly with a gloss black diffuser
          Yes you can - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...perature%20Eng

          It says for engine, but it will OK on the exhaust.

          Comment


          • #6
            i wudnt do exhuast gloss black might be to much imo

            Comment


            • #7
              http://www.autoinparts.com/E-Tech-E-...duct_info.html

              Anyone used this? Think i might get this

              Comment


              • #8
                http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=foliatecbrakecalip erpaint;manufacturer=foliatec;sub_category=1

                this is what i used but not cheap but very very good stays shiny and last for ages my oil burner as now done 72000 with this on and still looks ok.


                www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just a quick spray with £ land matt black paint on the exhaust tip will last for months.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah, the tip is matt black so make sure the paint matches

                    How long have you had the exhaust on?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mark_VXR View Post
                      Yeah, the tip is matt black so make sure the paint matches

                      How long have you had the exhaust on?
                      About a year

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                        About a year
                        Ouch better check mine

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X