Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burg in the garage, possible seized caliper, warranty job?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burg in the garage, possible seized caliper, warranty job?

Hi Guys quick question my car had to go to the garage last night due to as I was driving home and I could hear a horrendous schreeching noise. Im guessing that my rear caliper has seized up.

If so will this be covered under warranty and any damage it may have caused?

Thanks in advance.

If it is seized then it is technically a maintenance related issue and not a manufacturing fault, thus not strictly warranty.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

But given you have a FSH, you could argue that they should of been responsible for that too as part & parcel of the servicing especially if well under 3yrs old as checking of these things should be done as that of that sercice?

Most dealerships undertake a health check on every visit or they did with me ?
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I have had a call from the gargae and apparently a clip from the exhaust had come off and got caught somewhere causing the metal grinding sound. Apparently no harm done and they popped a new clip on free of charge. Happy chappy again now.

Comment

Working...
        X