This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cats or no cats

I have been told it will damage the turbo if I have no cats.
    true or false?
    sigpic

never heard that before but i know its mot fail so best going for sports cat

Comment

complete de cat will make the turbo overspin and will give up.ive enquired and the professional opinion was no

Comment

if you dont have to mapped tweeked you will have the eml on the dash all the time...

as above mot failer, and if vosa stop you at the side of the road it can be a fine.
        my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Don't matter about mot's ect... just turbo am botherd about
          sigpic

Comment

The only way a total decat would over speed the turbo and therefore damage it would be if the standard waste gate wasn't big enough and then you'd get boost creep. I've never tested it so can't say for sure if it would be a problem or not.
            Why do you want to do a total decat? A good sports cat is going to cost you almost no horsepower compared to a decat.

Comment

dont listen to people who say it will damage your turbo, been running no cat for over 2 years now and it is fine, never had any problems, just a smoother car, way better than a sports cat
              Last edited by Baboon_Warrior; 26 August 2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

sports cat = £150 and no cat = £30.
                my m8 had a gsi (astra) with vxr turbo and no cats, turbo lasted 1300mile (new turbo) was this coz of no cats?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baboon_Warrior View Post
                  dont listen to people who say it will damage your turbo, been running no cat for over 2 years now and it is fine, never had any problems, just a smoother car, way better than a sports cat
                  what mile's you done? do you get flames?
                  sigpic

Comment

i posted a articul up ill find the link about turbos and says in the thing better with none

Comment

there is the link read that clears up cats and no cats http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=103668

Comment

Originally posted by sweeney23 View Post
                        i posted a articul up ill find the link about turbos and says in the thing better with none
                        thats what I wont to hear

what can I do about light on dash tho?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by REV View Post
                          thats what I wont to hear

what can I do about light on dash tho?
                          I think a remap will sort the light mate
                          sigpic
                          Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
                          Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

no no i dnt have it but researched it and remap also tech 2 to remove the light

Comment

Originally posted by sweeney23 View Post
                              no no i dnt have it but researched it and remap also tech 2 to remove the light
                              so you can delete the light with tech 2 and wont come bk on?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X