This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courts or Thorney

Right i am firstly really sorry about the nature of this thread but i am in a real pickle .

So please take the time to read this thread and comment accordingly.

I wan't to book my car in for STAGE 2 , I was all set to go to courts , however i was browsing the internet last night and came across the Thorney motorsport website. On the face of it i was very impressed and liked what they offered inc the Miltek race

Now i called them and i had a very interesting chat with a guy there Tim i belive.
    He wen't through all the bit's and bob's etc , He said about the warrenty on there stage upgrade i.e even if the car is out of warrentyn andthey map it and the turbo blows or manifold cracks etc and its due to the map they will cover it this seems good .... then he mentioned about there maps this is where i start to get a little worried they said they do not offer a custom map they said to me that they have done 100's etc and never had issues and i have to be honest it sounded good .

But without slating tuners or it's up to you stuff i was just wondering on the face of it who do you think product wise will be best to sort the car out

I was all set to go courts but then this has thrown a spanner in the works .

I live about 1 hour away from courts and about 2 hours from thorney if this helps .

Many thanks and all advise appreciated

Arron

Make your own mind up as it just causes trouble on here with everyones opinion.

Comment

problem you have is the usual suspects will still no doubt come and wave their flags so brace yourself!

now what would i do in your shoes is work out whats most important to you.
      Have you been in a courts or tms mapped car?
      Which exhaust are you getting from courtney?

Courts have 25 years tunning experiance etc

TMS Race cars and are v successful plus they do have the warranty (yes its a grey area but still, its better than no warranty)

what do you want from the car, power, drivability etc?

and for the record i use EDS maps and neither of these tuners.

Comment

What a can of worms you've opened have a read through the threads buddy
        sigpic
        Stage 3 291 bhp 331 ft-lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
          Make your own mind up as it just causes trouble on here with everyones opinion.
          ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

just do some research mate is my advice...

Comment

Sorry, you need to make the choice yourself.

Everyone will say they current turner is best, so you need to ring each one and decide on your expressions of them.

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                problem you have is the usual suspects will still no doubt come and wave their flags so brace yourself!

now what would i do in your shoes is work out whats most important to you.
                Have you been in a courts or tms mapped car?
                Which exhaust are you getting from courtney?

Courts have 25 years tunning experiance etc

TMS Race cars and are v successful plus they do have the warranty (yes its a grey area but still, its better than no warranty)

what do you want from the car, power, drivability etc?

and for the record i use EDS maps and neither of these tuners.
                Was thinking about piper 2 box .

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
                  Was thinking about piper 2 box .
                  piper is a good choice.

this sways you to courts for obvious reasons - they stock them and tms having the piper may effect their warranty.

Have you thought about getting the scorpion? - good results, 3" and 650 notes. then try the EDS IPF handheld and away you go? just a thought......

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                    piper is a good choice.

this sways you to courts for obvious reasons - they stock them and tms having the piper may effect their warranty.

Have you thought about getting the scorpion? - good results, 3" and 650 notes. then try the EDS IPF handheld and away you go? just a thought......
                    Hmm not to sure about the scorpion alot of tuners courts inc seem to not like it and advise against it . well at least to me they did . said its a poor system ?

I really like the milly race (quiet) though

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
                      Hmm not to sure about the scorpion alot of tuners courts inc seem to not like it and advise against it . well at least to me they did . said its a poor system ?
                      Not really surprising, as turners have their own exhausts.

Comment

There is another tuner called Regal which you also can also research. but definitely make your OWN MIND UP . There are people on here that a pro Courtneys or pro Regal and are very vociferous about it.

Just do your research, decide on what you want done get prices and what guarantees are given on the work, than make your mind up about what tuner to use.
                        sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

Is this your shortlist or have you considered all the other tuners you could use ???
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

never used either, but if I was forced to choose one, it would be courtney, because thorney tuned cars normally make crappy figures, well thats my experience of reading this forum anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X