X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the fuel filter?!

Hi Guys

Been doing a major service on my car the last few days, last night came to the last bit, fuel filter....

Couldnt find it anywhere, i know not every car has them and im wondering whether they where added at 2007 like a load of other things.

Followed the fuel lines from engine to the fuel tank and cannot see an in line fuel filter anywhere like the part i have from VX.

Thanks guys!

Chris

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Its sealed in the tank.....Yeah i know i thought the same too...

Comment

so you have to open the tank up to do this!?

haha that would fool anyone i think!

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Does anyone know whether the fuel tank has to be dropped out to get to this or can you go through a flap under the rear seats?

Comment

It is really not a servicable part

Comment

it's built into the swirlpot. over £200 to replace, i've done that....

Comment

i see, i was told it was a serviceable part and so bough the part for £8.00 as i was lead to believe it should be changed as part of a major service!?

Comment

No need to replace it, it's a micro screen element & part of the in tank module.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by vx220z22se View Post
                  No need to replace it, it's a micro screen element & part of the in tank module.
                  Not on a regular basis, BUT it does need replacing at somepoint in its life as smokinVXR has found, all depends on the quality of fuel used and whatever else you put in
                  sigpic

Comment

aint the fuel filter next to the tank well on my older astra 1.8 it was next to tank probably different on vxr
                    sigpic

Scooby gone now driving an astra 2.0 turbo 200+ xpack

Comment

Originally posted by mattiepkr1984 View Post
                      aint the fuel filter next to the tank well on my older astra 1.8 it was next to tank probably different on vxr
                      answer below.... no external unit like on other models

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
                      Its sealed in the tank.....Yeah i know i thought the same too...
                      sigpic

Comment

yeh it is deceiving, as you you look at the part and it definately looks like an in line filter.

O well think it only cost me £8.00.

Anyone want a fuel filter you know who to ask haha

Cheers for the help guys. Cambelt, water pump, oil change, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs all done so im a happy man and i know the car has been serviced properly now

Comment

This is similar to how mine looks, just mines a GM part. Is this what goes in the swirl pot!?

Comment

That looks like my old Astra G coupe's one. And the other half's Corsa for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by chrissyb View Post
                              This is similar to how mine looks, just mines a GM part. Is this what goes in the swirl pot!?

NO - answer below.............

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                              it's built into the swirlpot. over £200 to replace, i've done that....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X