This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrofitting electric mirrors

Anyone know if you can retro fit folding mirrors like you can with cc?

I have a tiny garage and it is a pain to fold the mirrors in on the way in and out of it. Would be a very nice thing to have.

Thanks

Yes you can, Courts do a diy kit,

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...ewDoc&docId=93

Comment

Thanks for the link, I'll add it to my list of things I want to do. It was more expensive than I thought it was going to be.

Anyone fitted these before and are they easy to do?

Comment

few people have fitted them mate
        want to do it myself one day
        and the courts kit is cheaper than getting the stuff from the dealers, as i looked into it

heres the courts how to - http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/down...rror_swap2.pdf

pay attention to the bit about the wiring
        pop your tweeter cover off and have a look how many cable are in the plug there
        as you may or may not have to buy the looms aswell

oh and be very carful putting it back on as the corners sharp
        i managed to rip my door card a bit when i put mine back on
        Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
        ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

Thanks for the advise, I did take a look at the how too. I have push start and open so more than likely have the loom but I would check. Just literally nipped and popped my car into the garage for the night so would have loved to have had it then.

Comment

ive done it,a little tricky but easy enough

Comment

Sounding promising from all the messages on here then.

Comment

i did it on mine and even added the wires to my loom so saved on buying the door looms but mine was an 06 so wasnt wired, pretty sure yours will be being a vxracing

mirrors can be had from www.genuinepartssearch.co.uk for £43.97 each plus vat

part numbers 13153132 and 13153131

edit switch is also required which is £60 new (13228878 ) so courtenay kit is very good price
                Last edited by Vauxtillidie; 27 August 2010, 09:37 PM.
                2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

I've also fitted them to mine, and yes it was a bit fiddly.

One thing to be aware of is that if you have a 2010 model, ie 59 plate, the mirrors on the car are not the same.

The shape of the mirror housing is different to the ones supplied by courtneays.

That means that the colour coded covers, and heated mirror glasses that you have to recover from your existing mirrors, and fit to the new folding housing supplied by them are the wrong shape.

When I rang courts they didn't know this. Apparently VX changed the mirror suppliers for the late models. They could not get me a set of new shaped foldong mirrors, and I ended up buying new colour coded covers, and glasses to fit in.

Hope that makes sense.

But I am glad I did the mod, because it is very useful for getting in my garage which is quite narrow too.

John

Comment

Originally posted by .john. View Post
                    I've also fitted them to mine, and yes it was a bit fiddly.

One thing to be aware of is that if you have a 2010 model, ie 59 plate, the mirrors on the car are not the same.

The shape of the mirror housing is different to the ones supplied by courtneays.

That means that the colour coded covers, and heated mirror glasses that you have to recover from your existing mirrors, and fit to the new folding housing supplied by them are the wrong shape.

When I rang courts they didn't know this. Apparently VX changed the mirror suppliers for the late models. They could not get me a set of new shaped foldong mirrors, and I ended up buying new colour coded covers, and glasses to fit in.

Hope that makes sense.

But I am glad I did the mod, because it is very useful for getting in my garage which is quite narrow too.

John
                    a very good point i forgot about the different mirrors on the later ones, in that case the part numbers i gave above are for the older ones
                    2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Guys, your help is much apreciated. I have a 59 plate so will have to be careful with the parts etc. Thanks again.

Comment

Just a quick one guys and sorry to jump in,
                        My factory fit folders won't work. I'm suspectin a blown fuse anybody know what fuse to check?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X