This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan kicking in???

I have noticed a few times recently, and its not just after the bird hitting my air con condenser. That my engine fan kicks in awfully easilly. .... after around 15-20 mins of town driving and its really loud too. Basically when I bring up the BC diagnostic menu, it says the coolant is around 91-93 when the fan kicks in, and then goes down to 73 degress !!! Does this mean the thermostat is on its way out/ or is out??

Sometimes it kicks in then other times it takes a bit longer to kick in. To me its got the symtoms of my Astra G that I had of a sticking thermostat

All help appreciated

James

Last edited by insanejim69; 27 August 2010, 11:30 PM.
    sigpic
    MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Nae idea James died your car outside the transport club
    NOW RUNNING RED GOLF GT TDI 18" fox black gloss alloys and piper cross panel filter

Comment

Yeah it was, popped in for a shandy after dropping the better half at bingo (its my local, I stay round the corner )..... fan was going mental outside when i pulled up :'(

James

sigpic

Comment

Have you got your air-con fixed yet?
        sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

mine does it too but everything seems to be okay, think they just run quite hot and are not really getting much time to cool down on short journeys

Comment

Originally posted by rosco.p View Post
            Have you got your air-con fixed yet?
            Na not yet Rosco, you?? I am going to save up as don't have the cash to fix it this month. Aircon isn't much of a loss to me TBH right now. Screen still demists quick enough

Thanks Craig ...... was running in town today for a constant 20minutes at slow speed and the fan never kicked in once Strange one.

James

sigpic

Comment

No i haven't ordered the condensor yet, am offshore just now, so will get it done when am home, got a few other things i want done aswell

I thought mabee your fan was kicking in quicker due to the new condensor and fresh gas in it, but thats that theroy oot the window
              Could be the thermosat sticking, i use to test them (back in the day ) in a pan of boiling water as see how they open.
              sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

Working...
              X