This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV not working :(

iv brought a collins DV and take off pipe fitted as it says in the "how to guides" but when i take it done the road and it comes on boost it brings the light on the codes reading - (low boost pressure) my astras on a 06 plate would the mapping be a bit diff in other year cars cause i know 2 lads whos got DVs on and they never had problems ???

take it off mate, they are a waste of time and not needed as there is already one on the turbo.

sounds like you have connected one of the pipes wrong, should have put a t piece in just next the the fuel reg that is under the cross over and then a pipe to go from there to the dv.
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

ive got a 06 with a collins DV and it works fine mate make sure you havent got any air leeks mate

Comment

waist time and money imo mate
        VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

since you didnt ask about time or money its not much help lecturing you about it

how exactly have you connected it up, vac hose into t-piece etc, pics would help too

Comment

Originally posted by craig8 View Post
            since you didnt ask about time or money its not much help lecturing you about it

how exactly have you connected it up, vac hose into t-piece etc, pics would help too
            was just stating that they are... eventualy something will go wrong they never go down well with the vixers

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
              was just stating that they are... eventualy something will go wrong they never go down well with the vixers
              unless your running the right set up to house one, ie bigger turbo... i had one an they made the car very juddery when going slow.
              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
                unless your running the right set up to house one, ie bigger turbo... i had one an they made the car very juddery when going slow.
                u know more than me mate just know on standard cars they dont do 2 well

Comment

as already said fella, post up some pics if you can so we can see if you have set it up correctly,

never had any problems of juddering with both my baileys and collins dv, have had no fault codes or lights coming on due to it ever, dont suffer any loss of performance either,

if you want a dv then get 1, if you dont then dont, any time there is a thread on here about dvs all you get is dont bother its a waste of money,
                  Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
                    as already said fella, post up some pics if you can so we can see if you have set it up correctly,

never had any problems of juddering with both my baileys and collins dv, have had no fault codes or lights coming on due to it ever, dont suffer any loss of performance either,

if you want a dv then get 1, if you dont then dont, any time there is a thread on here about dvs all you get is dont bother its a waste of money,
                    Well said mate iv seen loads of post on here about them been crap and not working right but then the same amount been really good and love them it up too u what u like

Any way iv connected it the same as it says on the how to guide t pieced off the fuel reg and iv got a take off pipe from courts for the dv

Comment

Working...
                    X