X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey noise

i know it's a FAO

took it to vaux this morning for a road test as i work away mon - fri so i could explain and parents can book it in

they had a quick look and said

pipes are all fine
    rec valve was pressure tested and seemed to hold & make the connections

so has to go in to have tech 2 put on think it may be due to a faulty solinoid any one had this problem before?

they think it may be the actuator
    435bhp 410ftlb astra J VXR
    RSS induction, RSS Fully Forged, 3" turbo back, Forge FMIC, EFR6758, Nortech Mani, Proalloy water rad, 2way KW Clubsports, Forge brace, 1/2 Roll cage, Recaro Pole Posistion, Forge braied lines, AP Racing 362mm & Pagid RS29, lightend fly & uprated clutch

Originally posted by dan88 View Post
    i know it's a FAO

took it to vaux this morning for a road test as i work away mon - fri so i could explain and parents can book it in

they had a quick look and said

pipes are all fine
    rec valve was pressure tested and seemed to hold & make the connections

so has to go in to have tech 2 put on think it may be due to a faulty solinoid any one had this problem before?

they think it may be the actuator
    Have you checked the back side of the engine. I had the turkey noise and all it was was a pipe had come lose and the back side of the engine. Its quite low down but you can reach the area if you reach down to the left of the water tank. You should feel 2 pipes. One of them may be off.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_nuts159 View Post
      Have you checked the back side of the engine. I had the turkey noise and all it was was a pipe had come lose and the back side of the engine. Its quite low down but you can reach the area if you reach down to the left of the water tank. You should feel 2 pipes. One of them may be off.
      both of those pipes are on
      RSS induction, RSS Fully Forged, 3" turbo back, Forge FMIC, EFR6758, Nortech Mani, Proalloy water rad, 2way KW Clubsports, Forge brace, 1/2 Roll cage, Recaro Pole Posistion, Forge braied lines, AP Racing 362mm & Pagid RS29, lightend fly & uprated clutch

Comment

ah well. hope ya get it sorted. The noise bugged the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_nuts159 View Post
          ah well. hope ya get it sorted. The noise bugged the hell out of me.
          it is kinda useing more fuel sum how since it's started getting 100miles 2 1/2 a tank not sure if that's me trying too make sure if it's still there days befor goingto garage lol

Comment

Working...
          X