This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First mods

I just got my standard vxr and looking to get a de cat pre cat and need a service so be going to thorney just wondered if my de cat pre cat will bring my managment light up and also what other cheap mods are there to do I'm gonna get raceland coilovers as there good vale for money so any info guys will be helpful as I'm new to the vauxhall scene as been a ford boy for 4 years

Originally posted by leonvxr View Post
    I just got my standard vxr and looking to get a de cat pre cat and need a service so be going to thorney just wondered if my de cat pre cat will bring my managment light up and also what other cheap mods are there to do I'm gonna get raceland coilovers as there good vale for money so any info guys will be helpful as I'm new to the vauxhall scene as been a ford boy for 4 years
    Hi mate, I think the de-cat will bring on the light but normally this can be removed by tech2 not 100% on this as I know map's are sometimes used.

As for mods its really what you want. You could get a panel filter, brake cooling ducts and the likes of Insignia washer jets. Those are fairly cheap but if you have a bit more to spend take a look at Courtenay Sport, Regal, Thorney Motorsport and MPG.

Hope this helps a lil mate
    sigpic
    Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
    Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

a pre cat down pipe shouldnt bring on any lights

Comment

it wont bring on any lights
        2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

has james has said, it souldnt bring on the light, with the coilovers mate, you pay for what you get. 200 quid coilovers will have a really hard ride and not be that good.

kw, ast are the top of the ladder when it comes to coilover. but they come at a price, if you can push the budgit out abit then waitec coilovers are good as they are made by kw.

theres afew people running the ap coilovers and say they are really good for the money
          my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Jeez I was thinking of de-catting completely , yeah the guys above are very correct mate. Pre cat de-cat should not bring on any lights
            sigpic
            Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
            Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

Working...
            X