X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forge Recirc Valve... Noise???

Hi all,

Right, I had the dreaded turkey noise... So after checking all the vac hoses from the oem recirc valve round the back of the engine and I mean all of them I still couldn't get rid of the noise. No hoses were off.

So I came to the conclusion it was my standard recirc valve and bought a forge one.

Fitted it today but I can still hear a noise... Not the turkey noise and performance doesn't seem to be effected though, it's just a quick pfff noise, like a quiet dump valve.

Is this normal?

Should the forge valve make noise?

Cheers

Gaz
    Arden VXR / 17" TD 1.2's Gloss Black/Dreamscience RACE+/Forge Re-Circ Valve/DAP'R Springs/Quaife LSD/RARB/TX Tophat/3" BLUEFLAME/PIPERCROSS CONE Filter/Oil Restrictor Bolt/Courtenay CDTI Conv/Courtenay Engine Mount Insert/Black Rear Diffuser/Black Boot Strip/Black V-Grill/Black Fogs/Black Wing Mirrors/8K HID's/Wind Deflectors/Insignia Jets/Cruise/Auto Wiper and Lights/De-Badged/Anti-Hijack
    sigpic

My one makes a wooshish noise but not loud enough for my liking so maybe thats it. Every now and again mine lets on a poof noise but apparently that normal also.

Comment

Mines more like a tweet
      It has just started doing it so i'll have to investigate it further
      sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

mine makes noise also thought but i go to go above 2 thousands revs to hear it iam not to bothere by it to be honest
        Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Mine can be heard very faintly from outside of the car, but you can't hear it inside, even with the stereo off.

Comment

Cheers for the replies lads, it seems that the noise is normal then lol
            Arden VXR / 17" TD 1.2's Gloss Black/Dreamscience RACE+/Forge Re-Circ Valve/DAP'R Springs/Quaife LSD/RARB/TX Tophat/3" BLUEFLAME/PIPERCROSS CONE Filter/Oil Restrictor Bolt/Courtenay CDTI Conv/Courtenay Engine Mount Insert/Black Rear Diffuser/Black Boot Strip/Black V-Grill/Black Fogs/Black Wing Mirrors/8K HID's/Wind Deflectors/Insignia Jets/Cruise/Auto Wiper and Lights/De-Badged/Anti-Hijack
            sigpic

Comment

If your putting your foot down, boost just coming in then let off then it will make this noise, very much like a dump valve noise, basically your lifting off just as the boost is coming in, that's all m8, the old recirc valve would have done the same, just flapped a bit, now you have a piston as such it wont flap but the principle is the same.

Hope that makes sense
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eamonn View Post
                If your putting your foot down, boost just coming in then let off then it will make this noise, very much like a dump valve noise, basically your lifting off just as the boost is coming in, that's all m8, the old recirc valve would have done the same, just flapped a bit, now you have a piston as such it wont flap but the principle is the same.

Hope that makes sense
                Cheers man
                sigpic

Comment

its a ok fella and sound ***** hot
                  Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Working...
                  X