This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights stuck on after fitting folding mirrors

Hello, Can anyone please help?? I fitted my powerfold mirrors yesterday and like a typical bloke who thinks he knows best I didnt disconnect the battery..
    I just unpluged the loom from the door jam, fitted the new one and then just re-connected it once the door was back together... done the same on both sides, checked everything once finished and everything worked fine, mirrors, windows, door locks, thought Great!!

Then noticed that every time I put the ignition on the main lights come on now (headlights(AFL's) and sidelights) even though the switch is off.. I have left the battery disconnected overnight but they still come on when I start the car.. Can anyone tell me if there is some kind of reset or something I can try or is it a job for the main dealer?

Or does my vauxhaull now think its a Volvo..

you havent had the headlight switch out atall have you? i had similar problem after removing light switch for something and it turns out i hadnt pushed the connector back in properly so the car detected a fault and lights stayed on

or did plug in the little lights in the door handles not sure if that would have the same effect
    2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

The little lights in the door handles work ok, will prob have to take the door cards off and re-check the all connections again, even thought of putting the old looms back in in case theres a fault with the new ones..
      Its doing funny things, when I turn the side lights on with the switch the centre console illuminates and the little green symbol appears in the dials, as soon as I put the ignition on they all go off but the headlight, sidelights come on...
      Think it will have to be looked at with a Tech2 if all else fails, sounds like ive upset something with the cambus
      Someone today said I might have activated the 'Daytime Running Lights', never heard of this but said its on some European models..

Comment

What year is your car and where did you get the looms from? Mine do the same when I hadn't plugged the switch back in properly so mite be worth re checkin all plugs again, I take it everything else in the doors work ok eg windows/locks/Mirrors?

Doubt you could have activated anything without tech2, do you have Auto lights?
        2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

The Looms came from Coutenays so shouldnt be a problem, I must admit I was in a rush fitting them as I was dodging the rain showers, I think rechecking all the connections is the way to go before I do anything else..
          Thanks for your advice..

Comment

Working...
          X