This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooler

hi people, the link below is for an intercooler on ebay. seems to be very cheep and a decent size as well not far off a forge sized one. any thoughts.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

£95 seriously!!
    im sure i saw these come up on a thread a while back
    IIRC the answer was dont bother
    cant be any good for that kind of cash IMO otherwise everyone else would be out of business surely
    Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
    ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

thats only the intercooler that is for sale, you would still have to source all the pipes, the car in the picture is stevo123-uks car, he is a member on here so best to contact him for what he thinks of the cooler,

the trouble is people think the universal coolers dont work, i dont know as i havent seen any testing for or against them so i have an opened mind, but some are rated to like 450bhp so why woudnt these work as they look exactly like the forge/courts or whatever?

some say you get what you pay for etc, well people on here pay £500+ for a forge cooler yet on other forums ive seen an astra gsi run 300bhp+ on a £200 cooler so who knows what works the best?

if you want to buy it and see if it works then do try,
      Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

My mate has fitted a few of these and they are huge very nice intercooler for the money and on of the cars that is using one is running 320bhp and has done nearly 10000 with the cooler on and it is still in really good condition, they are not that cheap once you have bought all the pipe work but still cheaper than any other cooler out there!
        Astra coupe: z20leh with m32, eds 3.5, remus, dbilas induction and inlet, berg trim, corsa vxr steering wheel and a whole lot more!
        www.asautocare.co.uk eds retailer.

Comment

i fitted a similar one to my mk4 sri t running 300bhp no problems but as said its not a kit so all the pipe work would need to be sourced on top of that
          2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Looks as though some modification will be needed to fit bumper on. Have make some mounting brackets and sorce some pipe etc.

Comment

Yeah you need to sort mounting brackets but if you move the air con tad back the bumper needs no work to fit over it!
              Astra coupe: z20leh with m32, eds 3.5, remus, dbilas induction and inlet, berg trim, corsa vxr steering wheel and a whole lot more!
              www.asautocare.co.uk eds retailer.

Comment

Working...
              X