X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7500rpm

does any1 elses rev up to 7500rpm after there re-map

EDS maps will, I don't think Superchips will.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Yep the superchips maps do not rev as high, must be some good quality rods and bolts in these as standard to rev up to 7500.
      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

why would you want to rev up that high as the turbo isnt working aswel for your car at those rpms, and is most probably causing damage to the car????
        Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
          why would you want to rev up that high as the turbo isnt working aswel for your car at those rpms, and is most probably causing damage to the car????
          I have stage 2 map from them with Regal Inlet cam and car pulls all the way to 7500rpm

Comment

It all depends on your power band.

My gt28 runs out of legs at the top end of the rev range so my limiter is set to 7250rpm.

When i get the inlet manifold it will allow the power to be held alot longer so the limiter will be set to 7500rpm.

The best thing to do is look at your rolloing road graphs and see if it is actually worth raising them to 7500.

Comment

Originally posted by andriano View Post
              I have stage 2 map from them with Regal Inlet cam and car pulls all the way to 7500rpm
              yes but how hard are you working the turbo? as after all isnt 7500rpm garret turbo territory and not standard turbo stuff?
              Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Originally posted by f4af100uk View Post
                It all depends on your power band.

My gt28 runs out of legs at the top end of the rev range so my limiter is set to 7250rpm.

When i get the inlet manifold it will allow the power to be held alot longer so the limiter will be set to 7500rpm.

The best thing to do is look at your rolloing road graphs and see if it is actually worth raising them to 7500.
                yep so if you are stage 2 on a standard turbo doing these rpms then the turbo is doing nowt as you are out of its power band

Comment

Looking at EDS graphs its still holding 1.1 bar boost up that high. The torque drops but from 4000rpm to 7500rpm the power is a constant.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                    Looking at EDS graphs its still holding 1.1 bar boost up that high. The torque drops but from 4000rpm to 7500rpm the power is a constant.
                    can you post the graph up please?

Comment

EDS wouldn't raise the limit without good reason, they must be confident it can still make power safely at these higher rpms.
                      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
                        can you post the graph up please?
                        Not got one personally I can put up but seen a few stage 2/3 graphs.

Clique #14

Comment

You can't just look at the engine torque curve in isolation, you have to take into account the gearing and final drive. Most of the tuners will raise the rev limit because even if the engine torque is dropping away the gear ratios are spaced such that you still have more torque at the wheels than if you changed up a gear.

I don't have a graph for the vxr handy but here's one i was working on over the weekend for a friend of a friends supercharged honda race car.

You can clearly see that in the first 3 gears there's more torque at the wheels hanging on to the lower gear even though the torque at the crankshaft is severely falling away. result = faster acceleration
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X