This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isit normal?

I'm new to the vauxhall scene so not clued up about these engines just wondering if it normal that when you start up the car just after firing up the engine I hear like a clunk type noise then it idles fine it's not loud or anythink just wondered if anyone has this

when i first start moving it makes a "clunk" type noise lol. does it everytime so assume its normal

Comment

Originally posted by deanshaw24 View Post
      when i first start moving it makes a "clunk" type noise lol. does it everytime so assume its normal
      sorry dont know what the OP problem is.... IF 1? ... but do know that clunking noise as you pull away is the ABS self check every 1's does it
      ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Originally posted by leonvxr View Post
        I'm new to the vauxhall scene so not clued up about these engines just wondering if it normal that when you start up the car just after firing up the engine I hear like a clunk type noise then it idles fine it's not loud or anythink just wondered if anyone has this
        if like someone has said .. on pulling away its the abs .. but are you refering to on start up and stationary .. cos mine has always made like a clunk kind of noise if i start it up when the engine is hot !! .. and its never there when its cold .. and was told on many times that it was normal !!
        sigpic
        www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
        the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

that abs self check clunk used to bug me on my old 1.6t sri, as i didn't know if it was normal or not, but seen as my vxr also does the exact same thing that kind of cleared it up for me as it being normal.
          W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Yeh my friends vxr does it so is normal and yeh I mean stationary

Comment

Right the clunk noise only happens when hot so what the hell isit

Comment

Mine does it !..it's a clunk sound right after engine ingnition.. a couple of friends Astra`s do same.. totally normal.

Comment

Yeh that's it..but sounds like somethinks wrong lol and all my mates take the piss lol

Comment

it sounds so so wrong .. but was told time and time again that it was normal !! .. still winds me up though !!
                    sigpic
                    www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
                    the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

Working...
                    X