X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro fit auto headlights

Hi,
    Does anyone know how the standard auto headlight switch works?
    I am hoping that when the switch is turned to auto it send a positive current through one of the terminals at the back.
    If it does I could then use this positive to control an aftermarket headlight controller like this one .

Can someone advise me if this is feasible?

Thanks

You need to make sure it is canbus compatible, as this is the wiring system in the Astra.

Comment

it would be far easier to just add the sensor, change the lighting control knob and a bit of wiring that faffing with that
      Tech2 Diagnostics
      Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmartyn View Post
        it would be far easier to just add the sensor, change the lighting control knob and a bit of wiring that faffing with that
        That would be the ideal solution as it would be more standard looking but I thought it would be a lot harder to do it that way round.
        Is all the wiring already in the car for it? does it need some kind of control box fitted as well?
        Finally any idea of cost??

Thanks

Comment

needs the rain sensor, a loom making up and a new light control knob.

oh and a new windscreen if you want it OEM style
          Tech2 Diagnostics
          Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmartyn View Post
            needs the rain sensor, a loom making up and a new light control knob.

oh and a new windscreen if you want it OEM style
            Not much of a loom either really, 12v and earth found in the map light cluster and a signal cable to the uec and sorted.

Comment

Working...
            X