This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one running cone filters..???

had one b4 and was rubbish.. but am fanceyin a change from the cdti set up for a while..

so whos running them and do you have cold air feeds to them?? show me pictures if you have any..

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
    had one b4 and was rubbish.. but am fanceyin a change from the cdti set up for a while..

so whos running them and do you have cold air feeds to them?? show me pictures if you have any..
    surely these cant be as good as the cdti setup? why change a winning formula.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

You'll need to enclose it in some fashion to protect from heatsoak. I don't think you'll better the CDTI setup.

I am happy with the standard setup and can easily handle well over 300bhp.
      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
        surely these cant be as good as the cdti setup? why change a winning formula.
        like the cone noise alot, i had cone on but it was old so i lost loaaaddds of power but i think a brand new cone filter will go a little better..

the noise is like a dump valve noise but alooottttttt louder swoooshhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s9v6KYQLjM identical to this..

and yes i no its chattering which is what i like

Comment

Look at a BMC or a Viper if you are looking noise

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
            Look at a BMC or a Viper if you are looking noise
            mm am interested now, they go for alot of money?? ill be keeping the cdti still but for a couple of month i will run cone and then cdti etc.. just for a change

Comment

like the cone noise alot, i had cone on but it was old so i lost loaaaddds of power but i think a brand new cone filter will go a little better..

the noise is like a dump valve noise but alooottttttt louder swoooshhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s9v6KYQLjM identical to this..

and yes i no its chattering which is what i like
              am not keen on all this stuff, i'd rather just spend the money on stuff that makes it handle better and go faster. the only noise i'm keen on making is a nice exhaust note lol

Comment

both are close to £200

Comment

with the amount of under bonnet heat the astra produces a cone filter would imo seriouslly hamper performance.

Comment

wud it be ok if i put a k&n cone filter in my cdti hose?? as that what i did last time, the cone was old so i lost power but if i get a new one will it be ok in the hose?? obiously all tight in not just shuved in etc..

Comment

wud it be ok if i put a k&n cone filter in my cdti hose?? as that what i did last time, the cone was old so i lost power but if i get a new one will it be ok in the hose?? obiously all tight in not just shuved in etc..
                      As said above due to the amount of heat under the bonnet fitting even a brand new cone filter would loose power as once warm the car would such soley hot air especially if fitting in to the cdti hose and hen there would be no cool air feed .

obv i have not tested this but would bet it would loose power .
                      intake temp would be sky high

Comment

As long as it slots onto the neck of the pipe then yeah you could use it. You could also use a reducer to make it fit.

You will loose performance especially on hot days, on the move it won't be as noticeable as long as you get a good feed of air up into the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                          As long as it slots onto the neck of the pipe then yeah you could use it. You could also use a reducer to make it fit.

You will loose performance especially on hot days, on the move it won't be as noticeable as long as you get a good feed of air up into the filter.
                          mm i dont know now, as when i had one ast time, it was shocking but i thought a new one might be ok you see.. just want sum engine noise n miss that noise lol

Comment

MTECH offer a cone option.

http://www.mathijssentechnics.nl/?Vi...&lvid=&mid=123

You could do something similar and test to see if you are happy.

Comment

dont bother buddy if you ask me. you dont wanna hamper your cars performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X