This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burg fuel pump ??

burgs done 15k .... when it idles theres a hell of a whine coming from the back end of it, certainly sounds like its in the tank so im suspecting its the fuel pump ? anyone heard of this ... gonna book it into vaux while its still under warranty haha

many thanks,

Ross

Are you running low on fuel when you hear the noise or is it present regardless?
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

I also have this, i was told by vaux it was normal...... but it doesnt sound normal

Comment

Got the same on mine,it comes and goes depending how much i got in the tank.

Comment

Some have stated in the past that they were running Tesco 99 fuel when they had the noise and that when they filled up with V-Power the noise went?
          Apart from emergencies we only run T99 and not had the noise at all but it might be worth you seeing if it makes a difference for you?

Astra

Comment

ive got a half tank and i get it its really doing my head in, cant be normal if all the cars dont do it haha ....

yeah funny u say tht when i got it from the dealers i take it they put the normal stuff in it ... so i filled it with tesco momentum lst week and now tht u say tht ive only noticed it since i filled it with tht hmmm dno wether to just fill it with vpower next time or book it into vaux try and get them to change the fuel pump haha what u recon ?

Comment

I had it took it to the dealers and it was the fuel pump it was replaced under warantee they said it's a common problem!

Comment

i think ill do the same to be on the safe side lmao !!

im scared to use tesco petrol now haha

Comment

I have had 2 pumps in my burg now and is going in for its 3rd later this week. I have noticed it does quieten down with optimax, can only think it must have some better lubrication properties in it than momentum fuel.
                  Use Momentum fuel more than optimax as easier to get to filling station.

Comment

that is a joke if im being honest !, what are you going to do when the warranty runs out keep replacing them :O

Comment

Had the same problem myself ended up replacing the pump myself and no problems since, it is a handy enough job

Comment

Have looked into it myself about changing it but while it still under warrenty i will let them replace it as long as they put the top back on the tank properly unlike last time
                        May invest in a uprated one eventually

Comment

my vxr 10 plate is doing aswel took it to dealers viv replaced it but its still doing it they said its normal dont worry matey lol

Comment

Where is the vxr's fuel pump located? Is it hard to change?

Comment

Working...
                            X