This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions Re.exhaust manifold

How do i know if my vxr has had the manifold studs swapped? As i heard about a fault with them?

Is miltek vauxhall approved? If i fit remus/miltek can vaux tell it wasn't factory fitted?

Also when i rev my car about 5000rpm sounds a bit tinny, cant find any loose baffles, the heat shield isn't loose. Only does it high up revs.

Any idea's?

Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

All the aftermarket exhausts are not fitted by the factory, this includes the remus which is the only approved vx exhaust.
    Last edited by vr55vxr; 30 August 2010, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Awesome, not so worried about that then, just ring network q and get them to certify if i can fit myself and keep warranty, just wondered if they could tell if the remus was a option extra or not.

Not noticed the tinny noise until now though, bit worrying, sounds like baffled wondered if my manifold bolts had not been recalled? Might have to ring vauxhall see if it has been recalled or not.

Comment

Originally posted by lukey_astravxr View Post
        Awesome, not so worried about that then, just ring network q and get them to certify if i can fit myself and keep warranty, just wondered if they could tell if the remus was a option extra or not.
        I think you will find out exhaust will have to be fitted by dealer , turner or any vat registered garage to keep your warranty on the exhaust and items that can fail because of the exhaust. You can not fit it yourself and have your warranty intact.

Comment

Awesome, any idea on the rattle? can hear it most in 3rd gear at about 5500rpm. Might just be the engine, but sounds a bit tinny.

Comment

To see if yours have been replaced, there will be a little dab of green paint as per the following recall notice if your car is within the VIN's

sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

I cant see green paint on the manifold bolts, but what numbers am i looking for to see if mine fall in that category? Rattle could just be the baffles i think, might just be the engine tone, im not sure.

Comment

I doubt many garages bother to put a green dot. Just call your locat VX dealer and give them your reg and asked if there were any recalls.

They will tell you if there were and if the repair was done - and on what date.
                Arden Astra VXR
                Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Working...
                X