X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are these any good??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...es_CarParts_SM

Not really when we have a special agreement with Demon Tweeks for exactly the same animals
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
      Not really when we have a special agreement with Demon Tweeks for exactly the same animals
      how much are they at dmeon tweek like mate??

Comment

Hang on let me find you the post again....£ 110 + vat for the fronts anyway
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...t=demon&page=2

post #16

hth
          sigpic

Comment

so how much for same kit but from demon tweeks all in mate

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
              so how much for same kit but from demon tweeks all in mate
              Never quoted for backs as I didnt need them at the time, but they were cheap - if you call him and ask, Im sure it would be worth while.

Plus reconsider the pad option
              sigpic

Comment

You get what you pay for

Comment

Are they a good brand then? With that last comment i take it there not that good? Are they a straight fit? Like standard fitment?

Comment

Originally posted by lukey_astravxr View Post
                    Are they a good brand then? With that last comment i take it there not that good? Are they a straight fit? Like standard fitment?
                    Firstly i think that those disc's are slightly smaller than the standard VXR brakes, thhere deffinately not any bigger. Yes their grooved and drilled to allow heat to disapate quicker and will marginly improve braking but not by that much unless you change the brake fluid and get some braided hoses. Secondly i would not have drilled disc's, they tend to crack around the edges and there have been some nasty pictures of them when they have gone that way.

For £400 there offering front and back disc's and pads! For that money i wouldnt expect them to be great as a good set of front pads alone are circa £200, there offering EBC greenstuff pads with the kit which are pants and they even say for cars upto 200bhp, well the VXR is 240bhp standard! The standard brakes are pretty good, i'd either say get some braided hoses from courts etc, good pads and some good brake fluid and have that put in, that will make a difference. Dont skrimp on brakes, save up and get a good kit
                    Last edited by Jay; 1 September 2010, 12:13 AM.

Comment

reading the above i would say standard all the way at £172 fronts £105 rears!

Comment

Working...
                      X