This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote wire for head unit

Just a quick question. I have an Alpine cde-112ri but I can not find where the remote wire that connects to the back of the head unit is.

These are the adaptors im using:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_2821wt_1199

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_1604wt_982

Cheers

Right on the Alpine loom that comes with the headunit you should find theres a blue wire, if you check the wiring diagram in the back of the manual that should be the remote.

Comment

I see the blue/white wire that comes from the back of the alpine head unit but what does it connect to?

Comment

Its a switched 12v live, so you can use it for switching on amps or for activating relays to operate fans or telescopic aerials.

Comment

Originally posted by neil h View Post
          Its a switched 12v live, so you can use it for switching on amps or for activating relays to operate fans or telescopic aerials.
          Ok thanks, so where can I find this?

Comment

Normally you don't connect it to anything cus the VXR has a fixed aerial.

Comment

Ok because at the moment the aerial isn't connected as I need an adaptor but the head unit won't power on, I'm hoping once I connect it that it will turn on as it has a blue wire from it that could be a remote

Comment

Well I got it all working sort off, I still can't get the remote to work but it powers up via the const power, I just have to remember to turn the unit off.

What colour cables do I need to splice to use the remote? And where can I get a that holds the single din unit as I have the facia and normal radio cage but it does not screw in for support.

Comment

Working...
                X