Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refused Corrosion Warranty - Next Steps?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Refused Corrosion Warranty - Next Steps?

    Hi Folks,

    I have some small corrosion on both my rear arches, where it meets the bumper. Its an 07 VXR, there are no stone chips in the surrounding area.

    The rear bumper was replaced at one point (someone hit me from behind and cracked the rear splitter and some of the surrounding bumper), but the quarter panels weren't touched, weren't affected and weren't blended when it was replaced.

    The 'regional manager' has refused a warranty claim simply with "not caused by manufacturer defect", which in my opinion it is. Further I've been in contact with a bodyshop, considered one of the best here, who don't want to take my money from me to repair because they say it should definitely be covered under the 6 year corrosion warranty. I'm looking stone chips on the bonnet, door repaired, the rear diffuser sprayed black and the boot strip done too by this bodyshop, I can't (don't want to) get this done however until I get the corrosion sorted.

    Due to the personal circumstances of the regional manager (which I understand is not his fault) this has been sitting with them for over 5 weeks now and I've only just been informed they won't cover it.

    I've been given a quote to repair it at the body shop that are doing my other paintwork and tbh I'd rather throw the money at a solicitor purely because I don't like being screwed over. To my knowledge they didn't remove the bumper to inspect around the area so I don't see how they know its not a manufacturer defect.....

    I've spent thousands on the car, its my pride and joy, but this leaves a very sour VXL flavoured taste in my mouth.

    Thoughts? I'm thinking to start with possibly a written statement from the bodyship then VXL Customer Care, CAB and Trading Standards? I want to know specifically why it was refused, the evidence that its not a defect, what was inspected and possibly evidence that the bumper was removed for inspection (I'm assuming he would have taken photographs).

    All non-biased thoughts and opinions welcome.

    Many Thanks,
    Al.
    Last edited by JB_VXR; 1 September 2010, 11:52 AM.

  • #2
    customer complaints spring to mind, get a second opinion from another dealer or ask to speak to someone higher than him. Remind them your on a very busy Vauxhall forum with members who wont be to happy to hear your problems.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by philgvxr View Post
      customer complaints spring to mind, get a second opinion from another dealer or ask to speak to someone higher than him. Remind them your on a very busy Vauxhall forum with members who wont be to happy to hear your problems.
      Hi Mate,

      The dealer have been really good, its a regional manager that inspects and makes judgements on claims like this.

      Is Customer Complaints different to Customer Care, the dealer gave me the customer care number.

      Cheers mate,
      Al.

      Comment


      • #4
        Customer complaints/care is the same thing.Contact them so you get a case number,then they will get the ball rolling.

        hth.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tjay View Post
          Customer complaints/care is the same thing.Contact them so you get a case number,then they will get the ball rolling.

          hth.
          Thanks mate, I'll do it over lunchtime. If it honestly isn't their problem then fair enough, I'm not trying to screw them. I do however believe it is their problem, I'm calling over to another bodyshop at lunchtime. Pain in the *** sorting this as I'm flat to the mat in work.

          Cheers,
          Al.

          Comment


          • #6
            Customercare and complaints are one and the same.

            When you say regional manager do you mean VXL's warranty manager or the dealership manager? I suspect the first, if so then customer care is your next port of call.



            my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by moeman View Post
              Customercare and complaints are one and the same.

              When you say regional manager do you mean VXL's warranty manager or the dealership manager? I suspect the first, if so then customer care is your next port of call.
              Hi mate,

              He's definitely not part of the dealership so it must be the regional warranty manager.

              Cheers,
              Al.

              Comment


              • #8
                I had mine done and it was inspected by a field engineer as they called him...

                They will refuse it due to the bumper being replaced and i dont think they will back out of that mate.

                The bumper impact could have put hairline cracks in the paint or the new bumper may have chaffed some of the paint off causing the rust. - Im sure that what they will say.

                The bodyshop that did mine were **** anyway mate and made a hares lip of my car, was in twice and still not right. I dont think they have the ability to replicate a factory finish so i would cut my loses and pay the bodyshop to either blow in the quarters or paint them as these approved bodyshops are often not very good and if you trust your man thats going to do the other bits i would get him to do it.

                I totally regret even going near vauxhall about mine, they just made a fool of me and left me with a car thats got to be fixed at my own expense for bits that were fine before.

                Overspray on my interior, windows and clocks. They smashed one of my back windows and didnt let on, i only found out when i cut my hand hoovering down the back of the rear seat. Trim glue on the rear bench, actual paint on my trims and windows... Bumpers are a different colour (second time painting them) The list is endless mate and ive lost all interest in the car.

                So my advice is sack it and get your man to have a look at it, get it done right the first time by a guy you can trust as vx will only mess you about and as they have already refused if they do change thier minds they will make your life hell.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by moosh View Post
                  I had mine done and it was inspected by a field engineer as they called him...

                  They will refuse it due to the bumper being replaced and i dont think they will back out of that mate.

                  The bumper impact could have put hairline cracks in the paint or the new bumper may have chaffed some of the paint off causing the rust. - Im sure that what they will say.

                  The bodyshop that did mine were **** anyway mate and made a hares lip of my car, was in twice and still not right. I dont think they have the ability to replicate a factory finish so i would cut my loses and pay the bodyshop to either blow in the quarters or paint them as these approved bodyshops are often not very good and if you trust your man thats going to do the other bits i would get him to do it.

                  I totally regret even going near vauxhall about mine, they just made a fool of me and left me with a car thats got to be fixed at my own expense for bits that were fine before.

                  Overspray on my interior, windows and clocks. They smashed one of my back windows and didnt let on, i only found out when i cut my hand hoovering down the back of the rear seat. Trim glue on the rear bench, actual paint on my trims and windows... Bumpers are a different colour (second time painting them) The list is endless mate and ive lost all interest in the car.

                  So my advice is sack it and get your man to have a look at it, get it done right the first time by a guy you can trust as vx will only mess you about and as they have already refused if they do change thier minds they will make your life hell.
                  Sounds harsh mate, sorry to hear yer troubles. Yea, the bodyshop I was talking to are excellent and I trust them hence the other work I was getting done.

                  The thing is mate, they would have to prove that this was the cause in order to invalidate the warranty on the panel and if they didn't have the bumper off, then they are just chancing their arm IMHO. "May have" is not cause to invalidate a warranty. Further, if they made a decision without an accurate inspection then I could be one of many previous people that have been refused without accurate inspection. Though your talk of the authorised bodyshops does make me nervous :-\

                  What colour is yours mate?
                  Last edited by JB_VXR; 1 September 2010, 02:06 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    go along with what ypu have put in your first post, that seems like a very sensible and well set out way to deal with it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JB_VXR View Post
                      Sounds harsh mate, sorry to hear yer troubles. Yea, the bodyshop I was talking to are excellent and I trust them hence the other work I was getting done.

                      The thing is mate, they would have to prove that this was the cause in order to invalidate the warranty on the panel and if they didn't have the bumper off, then they are just chancing their arm IMHO. "May have" is not cause to invalidate a warranty. Further, if they made a decision without an accurate inspection then I could be one of many previous people that have been refused without accurate inspection. Though your talk of the authorised bodyshops does make me nervous :-\

                      What colour is yours mate?
                      Arden Blue mate! Colour match was like black and whit the first time then they had to paint the bumpers (painted over the chips and scratches ) and it is still not right andi was able to give and take a bit with them but its still not even close to acceptable. I accepted it as i cant deal with anymore of there ignorance and lies.

                      You would have to prove the bumper didnt cause it mate? The inspector will be someone who is very experienced in inspecting car and has most probably came from a bodyshop back round.

                      I urge you mate not to go through vx for repair and may be request a contirbution towards the repairs and get them done elsewhere.

                      Normally if they have said no on one of these types of claims it normally stays as a no.

                      When i went the first time there was a bit of dialogue back and forth till they worked out i know more about the defect than they did at the time as i spend 10 years repairing the blisters my car had. I left it a year and went back and by then they were fully aware of the defect and agreed after a final inspection that they would repair the car. So great its getting fixed but i couldnt choose where it goes and has to be a vauxhall approved garage, we have one and our closes other is miles away.

                      My car was in for 6 weeks the first time and 4 the second time and i got a death trap 1400 5 dr astra to rock about in which wasnt fun coming from a vxr and junctions were scary

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        im in the same boat, ive a couple bubbles and because of my last few months havent had the chance to get near a dealers!

                        my bumpers never been off so it will be interesting to see what happens

                        sigpic


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The rear bumper was replaced at one point (someone hit me from behind and cracked the rear splitter and some of the surrounding bumper), but the quarter panels weren't touched, weren't affected and weren't blended when it was replaced.


                          Did vauxhall do the repairs when you got shunted???

                          If so surely they should of surveyed the damage more closely, how could they not sort this out if they were the ones who did the intial repair. How annoying for you.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by philgvxr View Post
                            The rear bumper was replaced at one point (someone hit me from behind and cracked the rear splitter and some of the surrounding bumper), but the quarter panels weren't touched, weren't affected and weren't blended when it was replaced.


                            Did vauxhall do the repairs when you got shunted???

                            If so surely they should of surveyed the damage more closely, how could they not sort this out if they were the ones who did the intial repair. How annoying for you.
                            No mate, the bumper was replaced at the insurance companies authorised repair centre

                            Life is too short to get stressed I say, but that would be my hybrid turbo money gone <---- Eye Twitching Insane Giggle

                            Well, not yet, we'll see what all the folks from my initial post say first.
                            Last edited by JB_VXR; 1 September 2010, 04:10 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              best of luck matey, Just goes to show how easy they can riggle out of an issue,

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X