This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting rear diffuser

im having my rear diffuser painted soon and need to take it off for it to be painted, how do the diffuser come off and would it be easier to remove the bumper too if so how does the rear bumper come off thanks

youve got to remove the rear bumper and then the defuser clips out, it might be a bit stiff so go careful but use a flat head screw divers to push on the clips from the backside

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
      youve got to remove the rear bumper and then the defuser clips out, it might be a bit stiff so go careful but use a flat head screw divers to push on the clips from the backside
      thanks mate do u know how the bumper comes off ??

Comment

Originally posted by ainzi View Post
        thanks mate do u know how the bumper comes off ??
        no probs mate, under neath the rear archs there are screws in the arch just un screw them and pop it off..

Comment

no probs mate, under neath the rear archs there are screws in the arch just un screw them and pop it off..
          iv seen the 2 screws each side in the arch but isnt there anything holding it in the centre ??

Comment

iv seen the 2 screws each side in the arch but isnt there anything holding it in the centre ??
            not from what i remember but take them screws out and then check..

Comment

im having my rear diffuser painted soon and need to take it off for it to be painted, how do the diffuser come off and would it be easier to remove the bumper too if so how does the rear bumper come off thanks
              hi mate i have just had mine off cos i have just got a carbon one, there was no need in taking the bumper off just use a flat headed screwdrive to unclip the clips but be carefull

Comment

Originally posted by carlosvxrastra View Post
                hi mate i have just had mine off cos i have just got a carbon one, there was no need in taking the bumper off just use a flat headed screwdrive to unclip the clips but be carefull
                urz cant of been that stiff then coz i rekon if i did mine while bumper on id break the read bumper

Comment

Iv jst had a look under it I can see the side clips but how the hell do u do the top ones with the rear bar in the way ??

Comment

Iv jst had a look under it I can see the side clips but how the hell do u do the top ones with the rear bar in the way ??
                    tbh mate do what i did and do a proper job not half cut jobs..

Comment

tbh mate do what i did and do a proper job not half cut jobs..
                      im having it done this weds mate think im going have a trail run this weekend

Comment

There's screws behind the number plate aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_Ross View Post
                          There's screws behind the number plate aswell.
                          so is that all of them then or do i have to take the pannel off in the boot and it bolts in from the inside ?? or is it the 2 screws in the arches its clips in by the rear lights then the 2 screws behind the No plate ?? thanks guys

Comment

i took mine off without removing the rear bumper on both my astras. used to strip and fit cars all day long for a living aswell as painting at a bodyshop.
                            if you use a flat head screwdriver, and push the clips the right way, they pop off piece of p1ss. theyre stiff but like i say push the clips the right way if your still having troubles

Comment

Originally posted by bellamy06 View Post
                              i took mine off without removing the rear bumper on both my astras. used to strip and fit cars all day long for a living aswell as painting at a bodyshop.
                              if you use a flat head screwdriver, and push the clips the right way, they pop off piece of p1ss. theyre stiff but like i say push the clips the right way if your still having troubles

Same way i did mine, bumper doesnt have to be touched

Comment

Working...
                              X