This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dv help

bought a collins dv and hose and fitted it today only to find out my engine management light has come on and wont go off i noticed the car was kinda rough when i started it then the light came on can anyone help thanks

Originally posted by tcd_burg View Post
    bought a collins dv and hose and fitted it today only to find out my engine management light has come on and wont go off i noticed the car was kinda rough when i started it then the light came on can anyone help thanks
    is the boost pipe bk on ok? is it in spout ok??? is it code 1400?

Comment

hi mate it all seems ok underneath the code thats coming up is 11065a i know ppl will say waste of money ect but i like the dv on and to be honest if its going to be to much hastle then ill take it off but i would like to get it sorted lol
      Last edited by tcd_burg; 1 September 2010, 08:38 PM.

Comment

iv got one too mate and fitted it and took it down the road went on boost and brought the engine man light on looked at the code and it was coming up "low boost" iv had it piped up like the how to guides and like every one says but still no good im not going get rid of it jst yet jst does my head in casue i know a few lads on here who r running dv's and having no probs what so ever.

what year is yours on ??

Comment

anyone down glasgow way want to have a look at it because i am confused or anyone i can take it to ??

Comment

tcd burg, where abouts in glasgow are you from?
            Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

we have pinpointed it and think the vac hose and t piece i am using is to small and now bought i bigger vac hose so ill try that and let you know fingers crossed

Comment

aye m8, fingers crossed lol, burg is minted btw,
                Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

tdc-burg, im in glasgow and have one fitted all working fine, give me a message if you dont get anywhere and i will have a look

Comment

i met him last night, and we tried a few things, it seems that his t-piece and hose were too small, we stuck his dv on mines and it works fine so we know it isnt that,

Comment

good stuff, i used 4mm silicone hose from mrsilicone on ebay and a 4 mm t-piece from halfords

Comment

yeah thats what ive told him to get, the 1s he had were very small,

Comment

yeah ordered the 4m hose and t so should be all good come the weekend ill keep yous posted as i think alot of ppl have the same problem

Comment

Working...
                          X